Welcome to Theme Park Insider! Join the community or log in
Theme Park Insider
Facebook Twitter YouTube Email Newsletter

Theme Park Rumors

Submitted by Timothy Burgess
Published: April 24, 2014 at 7:24 PM

I have been hearing rumors that a theme park is coming to southern Sarasota/ northern Charllote county. These rumors have been swirling for years and I just want to know if anyone has any true information on this.

Please take a moment to share this post, and encourage others to reply!

From Tony Duda on April 25, 2014 at 8:06 AM

I guess all the 7/11 and Walmart clerks and real estate agents who had been spreading the same rumors about a new Six Flags park in Pasco County a few years ago have moved about 100 miles south.

From Tony Duda on May 24, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Oh no!!!! Another worthless rumor about a new 6 Flags park in Florida. Behind The Thrills nicely dissects the latest rumor, this time for a place next to Weeki Wachee Springs, Florida in Hernando County, north of Pasco County.

http://behindthethrills.com/2014/05/six-flags-coming-to-florida-not-likely/

I've seen some reports that the original site for this story is a satire site. Hard to tell real rumors from fake rumors when both are equally not true.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Planning a trip to Walt Disney World?

Family vacation

Insider's Pick: Don't try to do Disney without the ever-entertaining and informative Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2014. Save time and money with these tested tips and strategies for getting the most from a Disney World vacation. It's a great investment in happiness for you and your family.

Get it! In paperback | For Kindle | For iBooks