Patriotic / Religious Park Activities

April 27, 2014, 7:19 PM

What are some patriotic or religious things at the different parks? I am only familiar with Southern California. I heard Knott's does an Easter Sunrise Service. Disneyland does a patriotic flag retreat ceremony honoring each branch of the military and singing "God Bless America." And at the Candlelight Processional I think they read the Nativity story. What are some things you've heard of/experienced?

Replies (4)

Edited: April 28, 2014, 2:27 PM

I think the best way to find a listing is to constantly check park events. They will list them as specific activities are planned. Some may require separate admission fees, but here are a few I know about.

Disneyland - Celebration of Gospel (Usually in Feb)
Disneyland - Easter - I think there was a choir performing at some point during the Easter event at btr ranch.
Knotts Berry Farm - Gospel Showcase
SFMM - Gospelfest
WDW Magic Kingdom - Night of Joy - Huge weekend Christian Music Fest
USF - Rock the Universe - Huge weekend Christian Music Fest (Always the same weekend as Night of Joy)

For patriotic events, many times during the 4th of July, parks may have specific festivities (as well as offering military discounts)

May 27, 2014, 6:45 AM

I know Magic Mountain hosts several Catholic youth events that features Mass in the park.

May 27, 2014, 12:25 PM

Although I am unsure of the affiliated denomination, Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom is home to a temple on the Jungle Cruise.

May 27, 2014, 3:38 PM

Dollywood has tons of Christian things throughout the park including a church (with services every Sunday), Bible quotes in queues, and the Southern Gospel Music Museum (or something like that).

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive