What souvenirs have you purchased for yourself

March 31, 2016, 2:01 PM

On our third family trip to WDW I finally broke down at age 49, after always saying I was going to do it, and bought myself a Mickey Mouse watch. It wasn't one of the cartoon ones with moving arms but a nice watch with Mickey in profile in grey on a black background, silver number indicators and a leather strap.

I was just wondering what souvenirs others have gotten themselves as an adult that they have wanted for years. I have not picked up Mickey ears, maybe next time,

Replies (10)

April 1, 2016, 9:21 AM

My wife convinced me to start a pin collection...she always saw me looking at the pins when I went, but I'd always inevitably say it was silly and not do it...she finally twisted my arm enough and I bought a Pirates of the Caribbean lanyard and a few pins that I thought best represented me...It's fun to have them and I don't regret it.

April 1, 2016, 9:33 AM

I bought a Mickey mug last time I was there. I like buying the onride pictures too. I haven't bought the Mickey ears either, maybe next time I visit the parks.

Edited: April 1, 2016, 12:05 PM

Anything and everything to my hero Grumpy. T shirts, custom and other artwork, Disney Grumpy Watch, Grumpy Hat with beard, etc. We all have to collect something.....

April 1, 2016, 2:44 PM

I wear my Jack Skellington baseball jersey with noteworthy pride.

April 2, 2016, 7:31 AM

Oh God! What haven't I bought :)

Good call on the Mickey Mouse Watch. I always like subtle Disney in stuff I wear.

Big fan of Disney ties. They sometimes have really nice patterns.

April 2, 2016, 7:40 AM

1. My Skaagen Disney watch. Very subtle and understated, and I often wore it to the office.
2. My green "Pixar" zip-up hooded sweatshirt. I believe it was sold only for one season about 5 years ago, because I haven't seen it since. People often asked me if I worked at Pixar. Sadly, the answer is no.

April 2, 2016, 8:48 AM

Add me to the registry of tasteful watch owners, although I am an iconoclast and boast a Donald Duck watch. (Donald is hardcore!) I also buy boysenberry preserves from Knott's, although I dunno if that qualifies as a souvenir.

Also, once I finally make it out to DisneySea, I WILL buy a Duffy!

April 3, 2016, 6:15 PM

I end up buying any snow globe with a roller coaster in it. Busch Gardens, by far, has the most and best. Though, Cedar Point had more than I expected.

April 3, 2016, 8:43 PM

Hey TH, got a link for where one might make that purchase?

Pretty please. :)

April 4, 2016, 7:10 AM

My girlfriend and I have this tradition we started on our very first trip to Universal and it includes Disney too. We both buy a keychain that says eachothers name from a certain attraction. Ill buy one with her name and vice versa. So far we have taken two trips together to Orlando, and we only visited Universal so far. However, in September we are going back and doing two days at Disney on top of our visit to Universal. So basically we limit ourselves to one keychain per trip so we have more to look forward too. of course we do buy other souvenirs, but that is one of our traditions.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive