Universal Orlando Eating?

May 6, 2016, 9:35 AM

We have made two visits to Universal Orlando. A total of 5 days. We have two boys, 8 and 4. We are going back this summer and we are starting to look ahead at where to eat.

Now, we will probably spend 3 or 4 days in the parks and to save money we simply eat one meal, opting for sandwiches or just snacks for the other one.

So far we have eaten at Leaky Cauldron (10/10), 3 Broomsticks (9/10), Monsters Cafe (Gross/10).

We will certainly eat at at least one HP place but Im looking to eat somewhere new this year.

Reccomendations for kid friendly, fast-ish, cheap-ish places:

Replies (7)

May 6, 2016, 11:01 AM

I can tell you one thing, do not and I repeat do not waste your time at finnegans. I think their foot is horrendous. If you like pizza, the little Italian place ( I forget its name) is pretty good for a quick meal. also I forget the name as well but its the burger place right near the jaws shark picture area.

May 7, 2016, 7:11 AM

The place colandoj is talking about is Richters Burgers and it's a build your own burger with all the fixings at a buffet bar. As busy as it gets in there, they keep it stocked and clean. The Italian place is called Louies and it's pretty good. One night you should go to Hard Rock, I wouldn't call it cheep but the mac and cheese will be worth the trip. For "snack" the smoked turkey legs are delish, again not really cheap, but are very tasty. So far the only place we had a bad experience was Antojitos in the CityWalk. The food was really bad and the service, not so good which is sad because I love Mexican food, and thought it was pretty hard to mess up beans and rice. Confisco's in IOA was another place we liked. We will be going at the end of May first of June and if we hit any other places I'll post our findings.

May 7, 2016, 11:05 AM

Krusty Burger and the rest of Fast Food Boulevard.

May 9, 2016, 6:01 AM

Definitely doing Krusty Burger one day.

May 9, 2016, 6:27 AM

The taco truck in Springfield is fantastic...the Korean Beef tacos are absolutely delicious!

May 10, 2016, 12:25 PM

Everything at Fast Food Boulevard is good.

May 10, 2016, 1:31 PM

I would highly recommend several of the restaurants in CityWalk. Margaritaville, Red-Oven Pizza and Hot Dog HOF are all great.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive