Which parks to visit

Edited: May 26, 2016, 6:51 AM

Hi,

we will be staying in Hilton Orlando for 8 days in the first part of August. we would like to spend 4 days in the parks.

we have 2 kids, 5 year girl and 7 year boy, both don't like roller coasters.

what is your recommendation? which parks to visit? for how long? attractions to visit?

thank you in advance!

Replies (6)

May 26, 2016, 10:43 AM

Into Harry Potter? Universal.

Edited: May 26, 2016, 10:52 AM

How about a water park like Typhoon Lagoon. This is a great water park for the age of your children.

I love Universal but it is more for older kids in my opinion.
What you can do is look at both Universal parks to see if you think they will like them. Then use YouTube to view rides to see if it will be too much for them..

Of course there is Magic Kingdom at Disney that is perfect for kids.

Have a great vacation.

May 26, 2016, 11:12 AM

I recommend Disney but it can be insane during August. Its hot and crowded. However using a site like TouringPlans and optimizing your FastPass+ reservations will get you through almost every attraction at all four parks in the four days. Now here comes the tough part; if you want to get more then 5-8 attractions in one day you will have to get to the parks 15-30 minutes before opening. Also, you may have to stay late. When your kids are older this may not be so much of a problem, or maybe it isn't a problem now but be warned; Disney will make your kids very tired. And doing this for four days straight will be very tiering. I suggest spreading out the four days. If you buy a four day ticket and use it on day one of your trip, you can use the next 3 days don't expire for 12 days.

That is unless your kids like Harry Potter. Then Universal will be your kid's paradise.

May 26, 2016, 12:56 PM

For young kids I would suggest one/two days at the magic kingdom
Then one day at sea world (if they're into sealife)
Then one day at legoland florida ( if they like lego)
And then one day at animal kingdom or one of the water parks.
I think for young kids, blizzard beach is probably the best because of the specific kids area and the whole themeing to it. If not blizzard beach then go to aquatica as this has some really good kids areas.

May 27, 2016, 7:33 AM

thank you all for your detailed answers. the older one like Harry Potter.
we will be staying in the Hilton and they have pools and lazy river will it then make sense to go to blizzard beach?

May 27, 2016, 1:38 PM

I just thought as you were going in august then you would want to have a day at a water park.mif you are content with just having a pool and lazy river at the hotel then don't bother, it is only if you want the slides and kiddie areas. If not then I'd would suggest going to animal kingdom or doing two days at magic kingdom.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive