Shanghai Disneyland Roaring Rapids POV

June 8, 2016, 8:05 AM

Complete with Disco Gator!

Replies (11)

June 8, 2016, 8:32 AM

Looks like a fun ride, hopefully they get the monster thing working soon.

June 8, 2016, 9:09 AM

Looks very much like California Adverture's version except the ride is twice as long and has two drops. The non-working alligator is a disappointment. You can even notice the cable wires under the jaw. At least they had something to look at. There are no bears at our version.

June 8, 2016, 10:00 AM

That whirlpool effect is really cool! While I'm sure it'll be better when the alligator roars like its supposed to, I bet it will be even better. That theming is a solid 10/10

June 8, 2016, 3:04 PM

This looks very similar to Grizzly River Run, just with a different theme and a giant animatronic that isn't working. Hopefully that gets fixed before long, but either way this looks like a must ride at the park. Unfortunately, it's not quite the travel-worthy attraction I had hoped it might be, but with a working alligator I'd rank it second in the park from what I've seen (behind Pirates and ahead of Tron).

June 9, 2016, 5:07 AM

The guests seem to like it!

June 9, 2016, 5:21 AM

Looks like a fun ride especially on a hot summer day.

June 10, 2016, 9:12 PM

Just keep in mind the park hasn't "officially" opened. I don't hold a lot of hope that the animatronic will be fixed by the 16th, but at least there's a chance.

June 16, 2016, 11:13 AM

It's really hard to judge a ride like this from video, but I was disappointed in the lack of scenic along the way. Looks fairly basic. Hope it's just poor photo direction.

June 18, 2016, 9:52 AM

Gator is finally working

June 19, 2016, 9:45 AM

Pretty Nice Gator! I kind of wish they would redo Kali River Rapids with this.

June 19, 2016, 10:06 AM

Yes, I suppose they could install a gigantic alligator in the Florida parks...

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive