Future Plans for Any Park

June 14, 2016, 12:05 PM

Hey People,
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for their home park. I am completely open to any people giving ideas, as long as they are respectful of others ideas as well. I will post my plan once I get 5 replies on this thread.

Replies (6)

June 14, 2016, 12:12 PM

Great Adventure:
2017: Justice League
2018: B&M Wing OR RMC Woodie OR RMC T-Rex

June 14, 2016, 6:12 PM

why not publish your plan first?

June 14, 2016, 6:44 PM

@Chad H, I wanted to see if anyone was going to reply to this thread, but becuase you asked I will right now. For Knotts Berry Farm:

2017: Waterpark Expansion (Confirmed)
2018: A couple attractions from the foriegn country ride hunt (Like World's of Fun and Carowinds)
2019: B&M Hyper or Mack Multi-Luanch
2020: New Show, New theming
2021: Traditional Dark ride in the Ghost Town area

Edited: June 14, 2016, 7:40 PM

Kenny, for future reference you are more likely to generate discussion by starting off with your thoughts rather than saying "I'll post mine after hearing those of others."

Anyway, I was going to write out 5 year plans for every So Cal park, but since Disney would be overly complex and Universal has a big announcement about the future next week I'll stick with the main regional parks for now.

Knott's Berry Farm:

-2017: Knott's Soak City expansion, including a copy of the six slide tower Cedar Fair has been installing everywhere recently as well as a second slide tower with a family slide of some sort. Additionally, Fiesta Village refresh, including a repaint of all existing sturctures and the installation of a new flat ride on Windseeker's pad. Boomerang and Wipeout close after the summer and are removed.
-2018: Mack Mega Coaster installed on the site formerly occupied by Boomerang and Riptide. In addition, the coaster loops around the Sky Cabin. The north end of the Boardwalk also receives a refresh, including a complete repaint of Xcelerator and new faster loading trains for the ride to make two train operation viable.
-2019: General park improvements and reinstallation of Wipeout elsewhere in the park. No new attractions this year. Knott's also begins relocating much of the backstage space south of the park to property owned across Western and La Palma avenues.
-2020: 100 years of Knott celebration: The entire park is decorated for a year-long event celebrating the history of Knott's Berry Farm. Ghost Town is transformed back into what it was in the 1940s and 1950s before Knott's Berry Farm became a full theme park. Several features lost to time return, such as the famous volcano. Lastly, Knott's revives two famous attractions in a modernized form: The Haunted Shack, added back across from the Calico Railroad station, and Knott's Bear-y Tales, revived as a Sally dark ride inside the Boardwalk Ballroom. Pony Express is removed in preparation for the 2021 attraction.
-2021: B&M Hyper Coaster, with the station in the same place as Pony Express but most of the ride in what is currently backstage area. This is the first step in a major 10 year expansion plan that will expand the size of the actual theme park by nearly 40%.

Six Flags Magic Mountain:

-2017: Justice League: Battle for Metropolis dark ride on the former site of the Batman stunt show arena. In addition, a connecting path is added between Riddler Plaza and DC Universe, all neighboring attractions are rethemed to DC comics, and 1-2 new flat rides are installed.
-2018: Mack PowerSplash installed on the former site of Flashback. The attraction is made accessible from both the amusement park and water park, and a gate is added to allow easy access between the two for those with combo tickets.
-2019: Cyclone Bay retheme with a flat ride package similar to what SFOT received this year. Additionally, Apocalypse receives another new name and a complete retrack by GCI in order to restore it to opening day condition.
-2020: Samurai Summit refresh and the reopening of the Sky Tower. Additionally, a chairlift (purchased used from a ski area to save money) is installed running from the old Spin Out location to the base of the Sky Tower.
-2021: For Six Flags Magic Mountain's 50th anniversary, the park unveils the largest roller coaster in the entire Six Flags chain: A RMC T-Rex Giga Coaster that completely dominates everything else at the park. The coaster is the longest, tallest, and fastest lifthill driven coaster in the world and is the world's only Giga coaster to feature inversions.

Okay, that 2021 predictions may be a little on the fanboy side, but other than that I honestly think this may be reasonably realistic. I will say that I have heard some reliable information about the next couple years and particularly at Knott's I believe my guess is very accurate, but 3-5 years out I really don't know.

June 14, 2016, 7:50 PM

@Aj Hummel
I think Great Adventure will get a T-Rex first. Magic Mountain already has an RMC and Great Adventure hasn't installed a trip worthy coaster since 2006. Magic Mountain did last year.

June 14, 2016, 7:59 PM

Jaiden, I do not doubt that. I have heard from reliable sources that Six Flags will be installing the prototype T-Rex at a park in 2017. Initially, I expected it to go to SFGAdv, but I have also heard near confirmation that SFGAdv will be getting a Justice League ride next year. Therefore, my current guess is that Six Flags will install the first RMC T-Rex at either SFOT or SFOG for 2017 (leaning toward the latter based on what I've heard over the past couple days), followed by SFGAdv and possibly another park in 2018. Assuming SFMM gets theirs in 2021, I expect 4-5 other Six Flags parks to already have one by that time. Note that I never said SFMM would be the first, only that they would get the biggest version of the model.

Granted, this all rests on the design being a success. If it winds up being a failure (unlikely but possible), we probably won't see many of them.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive