Does anyone have any Lake Compounce and Six Flags New England tips?

July 10, 2016, 12:30 PM

It will be in early August with the drive from Philadelphia and Lake Coumpounce on Saturday and SFNE on Sunday. I'll be going to SFNE with a park regular but if anyone else has tips that would be much appreciated!

Replies (7)

July 10, 2016, 4:29 PM

All this is based on visits in 2011, so more recent visitors may have more current info.

For Lake Compounce:

-Assuming you're not doing the waterpark, Lake Compounce is a 1/2 day park. If you have time, I'd recommend stopping by Quassy Amusement Park on the way for a couple hours as Wooden Warrior is a really good junior woodie.
-Boulder Dash is the only must-do coasters at Lake Compounce, but I'd also highly recommend Phobia Phear Coaster. The must-do non-coaster rides are the Carousel, Compounce Mountain Sky Ride, and Thunder N Lightning. Other good rides are the C.P., Huntington Train, Down Time, Thunder Rapids, and the Trolley (for transportation).
-Crowds aren't that bad at the park so your attraction order doesn't matter much.
-Stay until closing. Boulder Dash in the dark is amazing.

Six Flags New England:
-Superman and Wicked Cyclone are the absolute must-do coasters here. Batman is also pretty good, as are Pandemonium and Thunderbolt if you like spinning coasters and classic woodies, respectively.
-For non-coaster rides, New England Sky Screamer and Scream are the two I'd consider must-do. However, if you have time I'd recommend Blizzard River and Houdini as well.
-You'll probably get better touring advice from whoever will be accompanying you, but I'd recommend starting with Superman and Gotham City Gauntlet (if desired), then heading to the North End of the park and working your way south.
-Flashback and Goliath both have poor capacity, so if you want to ride either of those you may want to head there immediately after Superman.
-Just in case it is busy I'd recommend budgeting for a Gold Flash Pass, but don't buy it until you determine it is needed.
-If you're a waterpark person and it isn't overly busy, I recommend checking out the waterpark here. SFNE probably has the best included waterpark in the entire chain.

I don't have much else for these parks. It's been 5 years and SFNE in particular has changed quite a bit since I visited, but your companion should be able to offer more detailed suggestions.

July 11, 2016, 7:09 AM

Thanks AJ your help is always great. I do think a FlashPass may be needed and I have a coupon for one. I just looked and Quassy is only 5 mins out of my way so I will make a stop there.

July 13, 2016, 5:52 AM

Okay I don't go very often, but I live nearby, so I DO know the Goliath is currently closed due to a cable malfunction. They haven't announced when it will be Back up. Only "after its been fixed"

Edited: July 13, 2016, 9:57 AM

Lake Compounce is a small park near ESPN in Bristol Conn (as you probably know). More of a locals park than anything.

We went a few years ago and it was just average. There is a fun haunted house there also. We did enjoy the water park area. They have several tube rides and one slides you into the lake.

They have lockers you can rent to put bags, swimsuit, towels and whatnot so you can go on all the water rids also.
Plus there is a beach area at the lake.

Nice little park and I hope you enjoy your vacation.

July 13, 2016, 8:57 AM

I heard Goliath is down but they replace the cables every few months anyway so it will be up soon.

July 13, 2016, 5:22 PM

Unfortunately, Jaiden, I wouldn't bet on Goliath being open. This time, a cable snapped during operation and may have caused damage to the attraction. While it is true that the lift cables are replaced annually (typically during the off-season), the nature of the incident likely means an extended closure. While I have no confirmation, I've been hearing it may be down for the remainder of the season. If it is operating, great, but until it is confirmed as reopened don't assume it will be running in time for your visit.

July 14, 2016, 6:52 AM

I thought this happened during morning tests?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive