Since TPA is now over

August 11, 2016, 12:41 PM

I'm wondering if people might be interested in a one off "invitational" TPA event - winners and finalists - for a single round game.

I'm thinking that what we'd do is a full theme park, but we'd all be tasked with coming up with a "rescue" for the same defunct park - I'm thinking River Country at WDW, Astroland in Texas, or Six Flags Louisiana might be good candidate locations.

Apprentii would have around a month to develop an idea, with bonus points for reusing elements and doing service for the previous park rather than just levelling the place completely and starting again.

Any thoughts on this?

Replies (4)

August 11, 2016, 2:31 PM

I would love to see you do this, but could you open it up to everyone? You're limiting yourself to about 10 people if its only open to this years finalists, and years past winners

August 11, 2016, 2:56 PM

That would be fun but I couldn't play. I would do a Kentucky Kingdom like park.

August 12, 2016, 10:31 AM

I really like this idea though. If it does happen, please make sure to post about it! It sounds super fun and I'd back it 100%

August 12, 2016, 11:28 AM

I definitely want to see an invitation-only competition happen in the next year or so. Whether it is a single extended challenge like this or a short version of a normal season (like the Tournament of Champions) is up for discussion. Personally, I like the idea of a renovation themed competition with this as a final (though possibly with a shorter time limit in that case). Also, for anyone who is worried about potentially being excluded, if we do an invite-only competition it would be in addition to the regular competition, not replacing it for a given year.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive