Ever participate in a Theme Park Show?

August 15, 2016, 11:03 AM

In May while visiting Universal Orlando I was encouraged to join the Singing Sorceress on stage. And since I was on vacation, I obliged. I danced with them are tried to put on a show.

It was fun but also a bit nerve racking. I was shocked to be selected from the audience since this has never happened to me before.

Also my daughter was selected for the Ollivanders wand show once. We went into the wand show in Diagon Alley as it was the last show for the night. She was selected and was offered and custom wand (for the bargain price of $49.95).
And Yes we bought it.

Feel free to share your own stories…

Replies (6)

August 15, 2016, 11:54 AM

I was pulled on stage to play the role of "The Ghost of Davy Crocket" at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review at Walt Disney World. It was an absolute blast, and I'd love to do it again.
My advice to anyone who is pulled on stage - GO FOR IT!

August 15, 2016, 8:49 PM

I lost count of the number of times I was "Mother" in the old Alfred Hitchcock show at USF. I got my start in theme parks as a boy on the cable car in a fake Rice-a-Roni commercial on the USH Studio Tour in the 1970s.

August 15, 2016, 9:03 PM

Not a theme park, but a Las Vegas off the strip Magic Act. The magician picked me unwillingly and I had to be the brunt of his bad jokes for most of his act. A nightmare.

August 16, 2016, 1:06 PM

Robert - you do have a similar look to Anthony Perkins.
The place I always wanted to be pulled on stage was Horror Make-Up at USF. They unfortunately,always go for a very specific type of person, and I do not fit that type.
My Dad was pulled on stage at the very, very old special effects stage show at USH back in the late 70's. His scene was was from one of the Airport movies.

Edited: August 17, 2016, 5:00 AM

I think Robert has a great story behind the Mother role at USF. Something about them picking somebody who fits the role. I will let him tell it!

I have been an extra at Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.! I sold a carpet ;)

August 17, 2016, 9:47 AM

Never have, never will...

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive