Has anyone been kicked off a ride for being too tall?

Edited: September 28, 2016, 12:27 PM

I've never gotten this before. I was visiting SoCal, so I thought I would visit Knott's and Magic Mountain. I was kicked off of Green Lantern and a bumper car at Magic Mountain and Timberline Twister and a Skateboard ride at Knott's. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Edit: This happened at Six Flags Discovery Camp too. Apparently, parks aren't built with the 6'10" in mind

Replies (5)

September 11, 2016, 6:46 AM

Yes. In Wildwood, NJ, there was a wild mouse coaster and I couldn't even sit down in it. I tried my best but I have a bad knee that dislocates, so I wasn't risking anything.

September 11, 2016, 8:54 PM

Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa has a 77 in height limit. I had no problem getting on, but a buddy of mine did have to sit out because he was too tall.

September 12, 2016, 4:28 AM

Yes, Marche du Mille-pattes, an Arrow Mini-Mine Train at La Ronde in Montreal. Not directly because I was too tall, it's just that pretending to be a 5' 10' five year old doesn't work if you want credits.

September 12, 2016, 2:33 PM

I've only been affected by this on a few kiddie coasters (including the previously mentioned Timberline Twister), but I've visited with friends who have been denied on rides for being too tall. For most amusement rides outside of the kiddie area, as long as you fit in the restraint you can ride. However, some attractions (most commonly flat rides and coasters manufactured by Intamin and Vekoma) do have maximum height restrictions due to tight clearances or other safety issues. If you're over about 6' 2", it is usually a good idea to check signs before waiting in line as you may run into problems on certain rides.

September 15, 2016, 12:29 PM

I'm 6'3" and the only ride I have ever had a problem with out of hundreds is Wicked Twister at Cedar Point (they use OTSR that is too small for my torso). I also had a really tight squeeze on the dragon coaster at Rye Playground with my knees, but I did make it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive