Cedar Point Fast Lane

September 21, 2016, 5:53 PM

Hey everyone. My wife and I are heading to Cedar Point this weekend on Saturday (Sept 24). We've been there several times before but it has been a couple of years since our last visit. Given that this is one of their Halloween Haunt days, and the fact that the weather is supposed to be beautiful, I was wondering if we should invest in Fast Lane passes. We are going with a couple of friends (four adults total) and we are all big coaster riders. Has anyone tried the Fast Lane passes at CP? If so, did you think it was worth the cost? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Replies (3)

September 21, 2016, 8:30 PM

If you are considering the Fast Lane pass then buy the Fast Lane PLUS. I bought the Fast Lane PLUS three weeks ago and it was worth every penny. It lets you cut the line to all the roller coasters including Valravn, Top Thrill Dragster, Gatekeeper and Mavercik. To me it was worth it for the sole reason of skipping Valravn's line since it was at 120 minutes the entire day. I actully rode it 14 times with no wait at all and all in the front! If you have the money then buy it, specially because I heard Halloweekends tend to get very busy.

September 22, 2016, 4:28 AM

Yeah I would buy it. I'm going over Columbus Day weekend, but I'm not forking over $1200 (for 5 people). FastLane plus will be $150 per person on Saturday.

September 22, 2016, 10:24 PM

I used Fast Lane on my visit a couple years ago on a day I would rate as "busy but manageable." Personally, I felt that it was worth it, but I would not recommend it to everyone. As it sounds like you only visit once every few years and will only have one day at the park, I'd say it might be worth it for you, but you'll have to wait until that day to make the decision. Watch the crowds for the first hour or two and then decide whether or not to get one. If none of the lines are over 45 minutes or so, it probably isn't worth it because you may still wait up to 30 minutes in the Fast Lane queue. However, if you find that several of the major coasters have waits over an hour I would definitely buy one. Do not wait too long to make the decision as they may sell out, but you should be okay if you wait until noon-ish before purchasing one. Lastly, I highly recommend spending extra for Fast Lane Plus as several of the park's top rides (GateKeeper, Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, and Valravn) are not included on the basic Fast Lane.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive