What are your favorite character meals?

October 9, 2016, 5:25 PM

I'm about to write a fresh FAQ article on character meals at major theme parks (but mostly Disney World), and I thought I would solicit your thoughts before I start writing.

What are your favorite (and least favorite!) character meals? Which ones would you most recommend to other visitors and which ones would you warn people to steer clear? And why?

Thanks in advance.

Replies (6)

October 9, 2016, 8:10 PM

Sounds good, could you include a bit on DLR too though (mostly because we're going there in Jan and will do a meal)? Thanks

October 9, 2016, 8:44 PM

The options for Disneyland character meals are much more limited, but character availability isn't as big a deal at Disneyland, either. You easily can meet the characters in the parks without long waits or Fastpasses, so needing a character meal to do that isn't an issue in California.

But yeah, let's throw those in, too.

October 10, 2016, 12:19 PM

I like Tusker House at Animal Kingdom because the characters parade through the dining halls and you are almost guaranteed to get a picture with any of them that you'd like. Plus, their outfits are fun and fit great with the Animal Kingdom park.

October 10, 2016, 1:23 PM

I like Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom. It could take some time, but you are always able to take a picture with each character. I like the all you can eat buffet too. The food is always good there, but tends to be a bit pricey. The same for the Plaza Inn, in Disneyland. It's very similar to the Crystal Palace, and usually similar in price too.

October 11, 2016, 9:51 AM

1900 Park Faire at Grand Floridian for breakfast. The food is great with a lot of variety and the characters are non-traditional, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Alice and Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins.

October 11, 2016, 1:19 PM

I rate from top to bottom.
1. Magic Kingdom's Cinderella's Royal Table (best food, atmosphere, and princesses)
2. Epcot's Akershus (very good food, atmosphere, and princesses)
3. Animal Kingdom's Tusker House (not so good food, average atmosphere, and good characters - fab four)
4. Grand Floridian's 1900 Park Faire (bad buffet food, school cafeteria atmosphere with grimy carpet, and ugly step-sisters)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive