Unpopular Theme Park Opinions

November 16, 2016, 5:52 AM

What are some of your unpopular opinions?

Mission: SPACE is the best ride at Epcot

Epcot is the best WDW park

Six Flags New England is very disappointing besides Superman and Wicked Cyclone

Magnum XL-200 > Millenium Force

Revenge of the Mummy > Escape from Gringotts

Spaceship Earth > Test Track and Soarin

Replies (26)

November 16, 2016, 6:17 AM

Frozen Ever After is the worst attraction that Disney has made.

Carousel of Progress is the best attraction that Disney has made.

November 16, 2016, 7:40 AM

After an 8-year hiatus, the Hall of Presidents will be worth visiting after January 20th.

November 16, 2016, 8:28 AM

The Beast is an over-rated, too-old ride with minimal thrills.

Mickey's Philharmagic was WDI phoning it in.

Sunshine Seasons' food is mediocre cafeteria fare.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a better theme for DCA's drop tower than The Twilight Zone was.

Crowd calendars have become one of the more worthless tools for avoiding lines in theme parks.

Edited: November 16, 2016, 9:21 AM

I would say the Guardians of the Galaxy makeover of Tower of Terror is not the end of the world and might be a good development.

Disneyland has experienced a drop in attendance. The fanatics wanted this to happen for less crowded walkways and AP abuse of the system, yet they slam Disney for not listening to its customers. What? I thought they did by raising prices. No, they didn't listen to their customers by providing less value. But increasing value will increase attendance. The argument continues.

November 16, 2016, 8:51 AM

Epcot's Future World is so futuristic.

Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM is much better then the The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights.

The food at Epcot is not authentic but Americanized overpriced crap.

The American Adventure is not a truthful depiction of American history.

Hard Ticketed events are an amazing value for money.

The magic left the Kingdom a long time ago.

The Tangled bathroom is the best ride at Magic Kingdom.

Magicband is living up to it's promise, no waiting in lines anymore.

Edited: November 16, 2016, 8:56 AM

WDW food sucks in comparison to DLR.

Universal Studios is boring except for Harry Potter attractions and The Incredible Hulk (old one...haven't tried the new one yet) because it relies too heavily on motion rides.

The new Soarin' is lame.

Peter Pan's Flight is a non-negotiable must ride.

It is never too early to initiate your grandchildren into a love of Disney parks.

Disneyland is the best park for theming and atmosphere.

Fastpass needs to disappear or at least reevaluate the ratios.

The new Test Track layover needs to go as it is a yawnfest.

Edited: November 16, 2016, 12:17 PM

Walt Disney is unlikely to roll over in his grave for any reason (because he is dead...or frozen).

WDI spends way too much money on new attractions.

Unless you are below the age of 12, you can have much more fun in a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park than a Disney park.

Annual passes are too cheap (across the board but particularly at the Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks).

Twister > Peter Pan (for the line waiting alone)

Universal Studios Hollywood doesn't have enough attractions to justify the admission price

November 16, 2016, 1:31 PM

Phoenix is a really overrated wooden coaster, not even the best woodie in the state.

Superman The Ride > Millennium Force

Superman The Ride > Wicked Cyclone

Soarin Round the World sucks

Test Track 2.0 is lame

Superman Ride of Steel > Nitro

Magnum XL-200 is the world'a greatest hyper coaster

November 16, 2016, 2:24 PM

Theme Park Fanboys need to get over themselves. Parks build attractions and make decisions to satisfy the greater audience, not those of us who live and breath the industry, as much as we may wish it was the other way around.

I want Epcot to thrive, even if that means moving away from the original concept - Not Walt's city of the future, but what actually opened back in 1982. Walt's vision never really happened in the first place, so I don't understand people who shake their fists and cry sacrilege!

The only way to get truly immersive IP based dark/thrill rides that make the most of the source materiel is gong to involve 3-D screens, and that's OK.

Epcot's Wine and Food Festival needs to go on hiatus for a few years. The local crowds have turned it from a chance to try new things into a over the top version of "Drinking around the world."

If you are in SoCal and you want a real look behind the magic of the movies, skip Universal Studios and go to the Warner Brother's Studio Tour. If you want to have a great movie related theme park adventure, go to Universal Studios, but Warner Brothers is by far a better place to get behind the camera.

In general World of Color shows (regardless of the version) are all about 10 minutes too long.

Butterbeer ain't that great, try a bottle of Pumpkin juice next time you walk the streets of Hogsmead or Diagon alley

Parks need to remember that A, B, C and D ticket attractions are just as important and needed as the Es to create balance.

November 16, 2016, 3:38 PM

Disneyland may be expensive and crowded, but it is still worth the price of admission and it is still relatively easy to have a good day there.

The best Fantasyland dark ride is Alice in Wonderland. The next best is Pinocchio's Daring Journey.

It's a Small World Holiday is a must ride even if you loathe the regular version of the attraction.

Disney California Adventure Park, while much improved, is still vastly inferior to its neighbor.

Soarin' Around the World was a significant downgrade from Soarin' Over California.

World of Color, regardless of version, is the weakest nighttime spectacular Disney has produced chain-wide since DCA opened.

Knott's Berry Farm is the most well-rounded theme park in the country.

Universal Studios Hollywood is the most overpriced theme park in the country and is not worth visiting if you've visited any other Universal park.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is very good, but it is not the be all, end all theme park land.

Six Flags Magic Mountain is the best theme park in California outside of Orange County.

Cedar Point is the best Cedar Fair park, but Kings Island has the best coaster collection in the chain.

Millennium Force is not the best roller coaster in the United States, and isn't even the best at Cedar Point. Those titles go to Superman the Ride (Six Flags New England) and Maverick, respectively.

Most independent parks provide a more enjoyable day than most chain parks of similar size despite having lower budget attractions and less immersive theming.

Rocky Mountain Construction builds some outstanding rides, but they are not the best in the business.

VR roller coasters are an outstanding idea, we just haven't seen a proper application of the technology yet.

November 16, 2016, 4:49 PM

^Millennium Ranks at #6 for me. Superman is #5.

Maverick is my #1 and it basically shares the spot with my close #2, El Toro.

November 16, 2016, 5:54 PM

I think some people don't realize the ironic humor that is supposed to be on display here....

November 16, 2016, 7:00 PM

Dreamworld is still the best theme park in Australia.

November 16, 2016, 7:53 PM

The Jungle Cruise is one of the top rides at DLR

California Adventure is no where near as good as Disneyland Park

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage should eventually be replaced

Soarin' is not a good ride

Mickey's Fun Wheel is the worst theme park ride I have ever ridden

Boomerang at KBF is not that bad

KBF's theming is overrated

Six Flags Magic Mountain actually has solid theming

Disneyland Paris is greatly inferior to Disneyland California

EPCOT is very underrated

November 17, 2016, 5:20 AM

I forgot my most unpopular opinion

Peter Pan is overrated and not worth its 90+ min wait time

November 18, 2016, 11:34 AM

Gatekeeper is the best Roller Coaster in the World
Cedar Point and King's Island are not worth tolerating Ohio
VR ruins the purpose of riding an actual ride on a track
Universal Studios Beijing and Shanghai Disneyland are mistakes
Stronger is the best song to play while on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
Hogsmeade is better than Diagon Alley
Halloween Events at the park should only happen for a week and are severely overrated
SeaWorld needs to stop obsessing over public image and just keep working on expanding the animal habitats and making more ocean themed rides

Edited: November 18, 2016, 12:53 PM

If Universal builds two new parks in Orlando, it will force Disney to hold steady on their prices yet spend a ton more on advertising just to maintain their current attendance levels, making them less profitable and further delaying (if that is even possible from Disney) new attractions...even though new attractions is exactly what they will need to draw attention and visitors.

If Disney is smart, they will wait 48 hours after Universal announces their two new parks and then announce their 5th gate that will be home to Disney villains, Marvel (Big Hero 6, Guardians, Inhumans, Shield, etc), Indiana Jones, Lion King (live action version), Jungle Book (live action version), Incredibles, Mystic Manor, 3000 Leagues Under the Sea, and Tron, and aimed at a teen/adult audience in effort to chip away at Universal's fanbase. This park will need roller coasters, and robotic arm rides, and many of the things they have secretly been collecting patents for...but very few screens...screens are a Universal thing....Do it without screens....and your Cars/Test Track technology needs to go big or go home....you need to use that to make the fastest ride in the USA. 140MPH or GTFO...it's so pathetic that most people drive faster getting to the park than you get to go *at* the park.

November 18, 2016, 1:35 PM

^Test Track used to be my favorite ride as a kid. Now it's just like driving in a convertible. Mission SPACE is where it's at.

November 18, 2016, 2:59 PM

Disney Springs is the ideal destination for a shopper on a budget.

November 28, 2016, 10:00 PM

Leviathan @ Canada's Wonderland is the best roller coaster in the world...and it's not even that close of a call.

November 29, 2016, 9:55 AM

^ I want to get up to CW sometime. Fury 325 defense seems like a better coaster though.

November 29, 2016, 12:53 PM

Disney made the right choice building Disney California Adventure instead of Disney Sea.

November 29, 2016, 3:18 PM

^why?

November 29, 2016, 6:29 PM

Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Jungle Cruise are all absolutely the best, can't-miss attractions at the Magic Kingdom.

I'm really gonna miss the animatronic technology in Stitch's Great Escape even though the rest of the show is...subpar, to put it nicely.

DisneyQuest should not close down for any reason because it's a special part of the resort and it's super fun.

E.T. Adventure is far superior to Peter Pan's Flight.

December 9, 2016, 3:43 PM

Oh boy. I can't believe i have to say this, but...3...2...1...

I'm excited for Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout at Disney California Adventure, replacing Tower of Terror.

Go ahead, Rant at me.

December 11, 2016, 5:30 AM

They shouldn't have changed DCA 1.0.

(What? I kid)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive