Jambo Junction closes at Busch Gardens Tampa

December 9, 2016, 12:03 PM

Busch Gardens Tampa has closed its Jambo Junction animal encounter, which has disappointed and even angered some park fans.

Since I haven't visited BGT in ages, my only take on this is it seems like another example of SeaWorld/Busch Gardens scaling back from its former mid-tier status - between Disney and the regional parks - down to the regional park level, from which CEO Joel Manby came to the parks.

But I'd love to hear from people in Central Florida about this. Is it a big deal? Or just an adjustment on the way to better things?

Replies (2)

December 9, 2016, 2:53 PM

Wasn't Jambo Junction where the flamingo incident took place? While I don't think that'd be the only reason for it closing, it may have been a major one.

December 13, 2016, 1:06 PM

" Thats's not the Elephants? " was my first Fought - but that must be the - I call it "petting Area" near Cobras Curse - with Kangaroos, cute Lemurs and Deers.

For ME that has nothing to do with a Themepark is getting back in Size if they tranfer a Zoo-Ride-Show-Park in a Reg. Themepark - but unfortuenately that even is not the Case here as Busch continous to be an animal-focused Company.

The Closure is part of 320 positions that would eleminate across all their 12 Parks

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive