New paid Express Park to Park bus access at WDW

December 14, 2016, 11:29 AM

I've just seen a report of a new service offered at WDW where for $15 per day guests can purchase express park to park bus access between theme parks. The real benefit is you board the bus in a behind the scenes area in each park and are then delivered to your next destination also in a behinds the scenes drop off location.
Benefit - You don't need to leave the park you are in and either deal with getting to your car, driving to the next park, parking, riding transportation into the park, dealing with bag check and standing in line at turnstiles OR doing the same thing on WDW transportation (bus, boat, monorail).
I would be much more willing to give the mouse a few more bucks for this than I would for a dessert party, cabana or character meet and greet experience before a show.
What do you guys think about this?

Replies (2)

Edited: December 14, 2016, 1:34 PM

So it's the VIP Tour Guide service, but only for getting from park to park? I'd be surprised to see Disney offer this at that price point - even as an upcharge for hotel guests. I think Disney could get more, as you suggest.

December 15, 2016, 10:42 AM

When I make my annual pilgrimage to Orlando for Universal's HHN I always set aside one day to park hop through all four Disney parks. With the new fastpass system, it's now really difficult to visit all four within a day and be able to ride the major rides in each park within reasonable wait times. Hollywood Studios only has four rides and if you don't go there first, good luck later in the day.

Anyway, I would be willing to purchase this upcharge. I used to ride the buses from park to park, but they eventually became very inefficient, unreliable, and it felt like most routes were only catering to the guests that were paying to stay on site. So I started driving my car from park to park. This is fine, I don't mind walking to the park entrances (because the trams are also slow and inefficient as well), but my visit this year would sway me to pay for the upcharge. Why? Because I would get singled out for security screening at each entrance since I was by myself. So basically I was stuck in a bag line waiting, wasting my time that I could be in the parks. Also, good luck with getting to the Magic Kingdom from the TTC these days. The monorail seems to be frequently out of service and the ferries, well, yeah, they're slow. This upcharge would be worth it for the Magic Kingdom alone.

I am curious how frequent the buses go between the parks and if there are only certain routes from specific parks (MK to Epcot, Epcot to Studios, MK to AK, or something like that). I wouldn't imagine this offer would stay at $15 for too long. My price point would be anything below $20 which isn't a big spectrum.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive