Staying at Disneyland Hotel

January 16, 2017, 1:44 PM

So we will be staying onsite at Disneyland for my first time at the DL Hotel, thanks to a chance at a huge discount. We were going to skip renting a car because of this. Any suggestions about transport to and from the airport. I have been eyeing the DLR Express but then realized using Lyft or similar may be cheaper and possibly quicker as the express is only every hour. But I have never used Lyft or Uber. Thoughts?

Replies (3)

January 16, 2017, 11:14 PM

Without a car, there are essentially three good transportation options: Disneyland Resort Express, SuperShuttle, and Lyft/Uber/Taxi. Which is best depends largely on the size of your group and which airport you are using.

If you have no more than two adults and two kids, DLR Express is likely to be your best bet. Round-trip rates are $35 from SNA and $48 from LAX, with one child per adult included free of charge (additional children are $26/$36, respectively). It is not the fastest option, but it is likely to be the most economical. If you have more than two adults, more than four people total, or you want to get to the resort as quickly as possible, your best option depends on airport. From SNA, Uber/Lyft is the best alternative, as it is rather inexpensive ($20-40 each way) and usually easy to use. From LAX, you'll want to look into SuperShuttle as an alternative to DLR Express, as an Uber from there can be expensive (usually $50-70, but can be $100+ at peak traffic times).

Note that I have not used any of these services myself as I live local to the resort, but I have friends who have used them on their visits. Once at the resort, it is easy to visit without a car, and should you decide to venture off property Anaheim Resort Transportation or Uber/Lyft are both easy to use.

January 18, 2017, 1:01 PM

Thanks AJ, I have researched all of that as well. Using the Lyft estimator that should be the cheapest option. Usually when we go we stay close but offsite and rent a car. We figured since we are onsite this time this make more sense. We only have 2 days so I have been eyeing your posts about plan of attack as well.

January 26, 2017, 7:04 PM

Why no one comes on the Excellent Idea to use City Bus? The cheapest way is never concidered in the US...

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive