Vehicle fire leads to evac of Mickey and Friends garage

Edited: February 13, 2017, 8:22 PM

A fire involving multiple vehicles prompted an evacuation of the Mickey and Friends parking garage at the Disneyland Resort this afternoon. The fire was reported around 4:30pm.

The Anaheim police department reported that the fire was put out by 5:30 pm. However, the department also reported that seven cast members were suffering from smoke inhalation and being treated at the scene, and that nine cars were damaged by the fire. The garage remained closed for the smoke to disperse.

Update: All levels but Level 2 reopened by 7pm. The second floor apparently was where the fire burned.

Replies (5)

February 13, 2017, 7:26 PM

Maybe someone thought it was still Vacationland and they were grilling in the parking ramp.

Edited: February 13, 2017, 7:38 PM

Thanks for planting that seed. Next summer we can look forward to a special $100 upcharge Disney tailgating event on the roof.

Seriously, I'm grateful that the damage wasn't worse and that no one was hurt seriously. Just a crazy incident.

February 13, 2017, 8:08 PM

That's one way to protest the parking price increases...

February 14, 2017, 11:33 AM

MWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!!

February 15, 2017, 12:28 PM

Wait a minute, I thought you were "personally involved" in the design of this garage, "Mr. Eisner." THIS IS YOUR FAULT!

(P.S. I know that it's a troll account, and that I am poking the troll.)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive