Legoland Worth it?

Edited: April 13, 2017, 4:54 AM

Hi, i am from Bolivia and try to fly to Orlando every 2 years, last time was in 2015 when my daughter had 2 and went to magic Kingdom, she has some flashes about the trip so we decided to head Magic Kingdom this year again after we cruise for a week, we are a party of 7 this time, my parents my brother my wife my daughter now 4 and my baby 1 1/2 years, we considered besides Magic Kingdom do animal kingdom this year because she likes animals and dinosaurs a LOT
We have considered Legoland also, but personally I've never been there, is it really worth it? Thanks for you answers
PD I wouldn't mind if you can suggest other theme park or options if Legoland Is not that interesting

Thanks

Replies (3)

April 13, 2017, 8:42 AM

LEGOLAND, unlike most other parks, is really focused on young children. Almost all the rides, play areas, shows, games and even food options are designed for young kids, exactly your kid's ages.
If your kids don't care a lot about LEGO, they will have fun. If you kids DO love LEGO, they will be in heaven.
Keep in mind, the drive from the Disney area to LEGOLAND takes about hour. If you have rented a car, it shouldn't be a problem. LEGOLAND also runs a shuttle bus from Orlando to the park. You can find details on their website.
You should continue to do research into what is offered at the park, and what your kids are into, but I think the LEGO parks are great fun.
Have fun!

April 14, 2017, 10:42 AM

Just went to Legoland California in October with a 4-year-old. He was out of his mind he loved it so much. He was passive about Legos before we went, now he is a huge Lego fan and pulls up strange memories about his visit at random times.

Our trip included 2 trips to Legoland, Disneyland, and SeaWorld....the now 5-year-old doesn't appear to remember much about SeaWorld, remembers meeting Peter Pan, Riding Dumbo, the parade, but not much else, but he is still able to pull random things out of his head about the different things we did at Legoland.

Just keep in mind that while there are some things for adults to do at Legoland with your kids, you are mostly going to be watching the kids have a great time. The year and a half old kid will also have fun, but doing completely different things. You will likely need to split the group in order to make sure both kids have a good time.

It wouldn't kill you to get a height taken for the kids before you go, so you know beforehand what rides they won't be able to go on, then you are not promising things you can't deliver on.

April 16, 2017, 5:17 AM

Thanks for your answers, after reading you comments Legoland now catched my eye, I will do some research also btw we are renting a van so it will not be a problem

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive