Six Flags Charging for Hurricane Harbor?

June 22, 2014, 8:14 AM

Six Flags Great America is now charging $5 a person to enter their Water Park Hurricane Harbor. Is you have a regular or gold season pass, it is still free. I find this to be a really terrible idea and I witnessed many unhappy guests.

Is this happening at any of the other parks?

Replies (2)

June 23, 2014, 2:01 PM

I find this a bit odd assuming that the parks are connected. Hurricane Harbors at many Six Flags parks around the country are actually separate parks with their own entrance gates and separate admissions. I've never been to SFGA, but assume that the parks share an admission gate.

With that said, if they are charging $5 for SFGA single day guests to enter the water park, is there an option to purchase just admission to Hurricane Harbor? If that's the case, then it's typical M.O. for Six Flags, doing everything they can to get people to purchase season passes that they don't want. If they're not letting guests purchase admission to just Hurricane Harbor, then I think guests have a legitimate gripe in that if they just want to experience the water park, they cannot without paying the $5 upcharge.

June 23, 2014, 3:57 PM

Interesting thoughts. Hurricane Harbor's gate is inside the park (though they can easily make one that faces the parking lot). In other words, you have to pay to get into the park and then pay to get into Hurricane Harbor.

This is free with a Season pass, but then it begs the question, why not just get a Season Pass. If you get it with the parking, it pays for itself in two visits.

Great America also charges more for Fright Fest...

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive