Did I just break Fastpass+?

June 11, 2017, 5:53 PM

Hey all,

Something weird has happened with picking out of Fastpasses for WDW and I wanted to see if anybody else ran into this.

Note: We have an annual pass

We are going to Disney World for 10 days, but we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for 8 days. The first two days are at a hotel near Disney Springs.

60 days in advance, we were able to make 6 of the 7 days we are staying at the resort. The one day we are going to Typhoon Lagoon so we are only using 6 days.

Disney told me that I could use that "extra day" we are not using Fastpass+ on one of the two days we are not staying at the resort...Cool, so I needed to wait 30 days for the last day.

I appear to be wrong...

Instead, Disney is now telling me that since I have a AP, I could only make Fastpass+ for 7 days regardless if I am staying at a Disney resort. We have called twice and Disney is not budging from this. We basically cannot get the Fastpass+ without taking away another day.

Has anybody else have this happen to them? This sounds ridiculous and I feel that we are getting punished for spending thosands on AP. I have been doing this for years and I am dumbfounded.

To top it off, I know Disney can give guest additional fastpasses. I have seen it done for much less. They claim they can't do it. Honestly, I would think it would be easier to just give my mother (aka crazy guest) the three fastpasses. Its not worth anybody's time

This is seriously the first time that we have been given a hard NO from Disney. Where is the guest service?

Replies (6)

June 12, 2017, 6:20 AM

This is really odd Anthony. With a confirmed room reservation, you should be able to reserve for the entire length of your stay (up to 10 days) 60 days in advance of your check-in day. That's the way the policy worked for us on our last trip a few years ago, but I also had tickets attached to my hotel reservation, not an AP. Perhaps this is a result of the new procedures Disney has put into affect for guests using expired or unused tickets to procure additional FP+ reservations. Perhaps they're trying to close the potential loophole of AP holders booking hotel rooms to get the head start and then cancelling rooms once they have their FP+ reservations linked to their account.

June 12, 2017, 6:32 AM

I believe that might be the case. I have a feeling that Disney is trying to stop something that we are getting caught into the middle. We have been going to Disney World for decades. Some of the "scams" people have figured out are astonishing.

Still, the more surprising thing is that Disney would not just give us the Fastpass+ tickets for that one day. We are going to the Magic Kingdom! They aren't even highly sought out Fastpasses!

June 13, 2017, 11:31 AM

We have annual passes and went back in April. We stayed on property for 8 nights and booked fast passes for 8 days. We left early the next morning so I'm not sure if we could have booked fastpass for the last day.

I wonder if Disney is counting the fast passes you are using during your length of stay as your 7 allowed per month and won't let you book any beyond that if you're not staying at a Disney resort. According to their website. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/fast-pass-plus-advance-reservations/ "Passholders with reservations at a Disney Resort hotel can start making FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay." Unless the documentation is wrong you should be able to do it for the entire length if its more than 7 days.

I wonder if you could cancel a fastpass day during your stay at Animal Kingdom, then book the fastpasses for the off property day first and then add back on the one during your on property stay. It may see it as using some of your allotted 7 days in a 30 day period and then allow you to book using the length of stay.

June 13, 2017, 4:49 PM

Good job, Anthony! You broke it. That's why we can't have nice things ;+)

June 13, 2017, 5:17 PM

Be more flexible with your schedule. Go to Typhoon Lagoon when you're staying at the non-Disney hotel, then get FP+ for the full 7 days. You're not trying to reserve 8 days of FP so it's not like you're really need more FP. Just claim your full allotment.

June 13, 2017, 9:22 PM

I am trying to reserve 9 days in total. I am cool with waiting until the 30 days comes around to get the last one, but that day has passed and I have been told that I have to use Fastpasses before getting new ones.

The scenario that samt gave is what the cast member over the phone suggested I do. Samt also gave the reasoning behind. My question is why does my AP allotment override us staying at the park. I mean we are spending MORE money at WDW. Where is the perk for that?

Is this the end of the world? No. I purposely picked out Fastpass+ so that the remaining day is just easy Fastpass+ at MK (Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion). It is just the principle of the whole thing

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive