New Name for Mean Streak?

Edited: July 11, 2017, 12:52 AM

Rumors and speculation are two of the most popular sports in the Cedar Point universe, and nothing recently has been as popular as speculation about the new name for the coaster formerly known as Mean Streak. It has just been discovered that Cedar Fair has trademarked a name- "RAILBLAZER"- and the Cedar Point boards went a bit nuts. True or false, it would be a great name for the coaster (IMHO). It's location in Frontier Town requires riders to cross the train tracks to get to it, and the general Wild West theme (yes, theme in Cedar Point) of the Land and the name Railblazer fit together well. Is this a deception on the part of Cedar Fair to throw people off-track? (get it, off track?...I'll keep my day job). We'll just have to wait and see.

Replies (3)

July 11, 2017, 6:02 AM

Don't forget that there's another Cedar Fair RMC conversion happening at Kings Dominion that could also use this trademark, though Railblazer doesn't work as well for the former Hurler as it does for the Mean Streak conversion. Cedar Fair and other parks have caught onto patent/trademark office trolls that spill the beans for new attraction names (usually to snag URLs to sell back to the parks at a profit), so I wouldn't be surprised if this was some stick tossed up by the chain to throw anxious coaster fans off the scent.

July 11, 2017, 6:17 PM

I thought the new name for Hurler was Vomitcon.

July 11, 2017, 6:26 PM

Or was it Barfaroo?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive