Hershey Park Boardwalk Expansion

August 8, 2017, 8:23 AM

Coming to Hershey Park in 2018 is the all new, Breaker's Edge Water Coaster, and Whitecap Racer!! Breaker's Edge will be a world's first hydromagnetic water coaster with flying saucers turns, and White Cap Racer will be the world's longest mat racer including 2 360* loops in the dark!!

It appears that these ride's will be placed behind Tidal Wave, as from what I saw on the announcement's concept art, and that this will most likely ease the flow of traffic on the extremely poorly designed Boardwalk section.

My personal prediction was a relocation of the waterpark to the new acerage purchased, and I am disappointed that this didn't come true. Hershey Park really shot themselves in the foot with the placement of the Boardwalk, as it completely ruins the traffic flow in that area, and limits them to an extremely small place to work with. I firmly believe that they will have to move that waterpark in the next 10-15 years, and so I'm disappointed that they didn't move it when the waterpark was small, to make it easier for a very big relocation.

Overall an amazing addition, and I can't wait to see how everything pans out!! Thoughts on them counting it as their 14th coaster?

Replies (3)

August 23, 2017, 5:42 PM

A roller coaster has to be powered by gravity and run on rails. Water slides don't count because they run in a fiberglass trough.

August 24, 2017, 6:13 AM

Hersheypark is smart enough to not call Breaker's Edge a roller coaster, but don't put it past TPI. However, the chances of this topping the RMCs and other top notch coasters opening in 2018 is pretty unlikely. Krakatau won best new roller coaster, because it was a particularly mediocre year for new coasters.

Hershepark's water park has always been a bit of a head-scratcher to me because of its location in the middle of the park. However, it's always been packed when I've been there.

August 24, 2017, 9:55 AM

So you would not call a flying bobs like the late Disaster Transport at Cedar Point a roller coaster? I'm not arguing, just curious.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive