Will they duel one last time ?

Edited: September 2, 2017, 12:24 PM

Anyone heard any rumors if Universal will allow Fire & Ice to duel one last time on Monday?? I'm thinking of going into IOA for a fond farewell. I haven't been on the revamped Hulk either, so I'll see what's that is like.

Replies (5)

September 3, 2017, 12:45 PM

They have metal detectors before you ride so I hope they do. I went there today to see if they were dueling but they were not.

September 3, 2017, 6:31 PM

I highly, highly doubt it. Universal was required to completely rewrite the programming of the attraction, so it is impossible to duel unless the ride is operated in manual mode. If it happens, it will probably be with empty trains for a final photo shoot or something similar, not during normal operation.

September 4, 2017, 12:37 PM

Well at least there is software like NoLimits where we can make it duel.

September 4, 2017, 2:35 PM

I can confirm they were NOT dueling today.

Edited: September 4, 2017, 4:54 PM

I left IOA at 4:30 and as Chad H said up to that point they were not dueling. Talking to the staff it was never going to happen today. I did ride on Ice at the front one time and Fire came up the lift hill with us, but 1/2way up Ice slowed to a crawl and let the other coaster go ahead. Almost but not quite .. !! It was a hollow feeling going along the straightaway towards the loop with no coaster coming the other way ??
I did get some great photos, so some good memories for my screensaver at work. I did go back to get on the dragons one more time around 3:30 but the line for the lockers was longer than the line for the coaster so my front row rides in the morning was it for the last day.
Fire still remains my favorite of the two.
Hulk was fun, it didn't seem too different from before they revamped it, but a good ride.
I thought Kong was poor, but Spider-Man still draws me in whenever I visit.
Next time I visit will be when the new coaster arrives ... 2019 I think ??
At least I can say "I was there" when Fire and Ice used to duel and those front seat memories will live with me for ever.
Thanks Dueling Dragons for some amazing one of a kind coaster experiences !!!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive