Valleyfair recreates the greatest moment in Minnesota history

Edited: January 17, 2018, 11:11 AM

Cedar Fair's Shakopee, Minnesota theme park, Valleyfair, this week sent its Peanuts characters out into the (closed, snowy) park to recreate a miracle.

ICYMI, it's the miraculous ending to last weekend's NFL playoff game, when the Minnesota Vikings came from behind to beat the New Orleans Saints on a 61-yard pass play as time expired. If you want to see an actual replay, it's even better with the meme of "Titanic"'s theme song overlaid upon it:

As for the more visually charming Valleyfair version, I'm totally down with Charlie Brown playing the role of New Orleans' Marcus Williams, who egregiously blew what would have been the game-saving tackle. (Minnesota was out of time outs.) But shouldn't have Lucy been cast as New Orleans Coach Sean Payton, who was mocking Minnesota fans by doing their "Skol" chant... just before his own team went down to defeat? That seems more a Lucy move than making the game-winning pass. And the long-marginalized Sally seems more the Case Keenum type, to me. Who would you have had as the Peanuts QB?

Schroeder playing Stefon Diggs — catching the pass, then doing the "Are you not entertained?" pose in the end zone, though? Perfect casting there.

Replies (4)

January 20, 2018, 7:16 PM

Do we live in a sick society when what is considered the greatest moment in state history is a football play?

Edited: January 20, 2018, 8:37 PM

a little extreme, but agreed. Should be: Valleyfair recreates ONE OF the greatest moment in Minnesota SPORTS history. Still a great feel good story!

January 23, 2018, 2:23 PM

Humor is dead around here, apparently.

January 23, 2018, 4:31 PM

I hate that Peanuts are at Valleyfair. Cedar Fair buying Knott's resulted in the end of Camp Snoopy at the Mall of America. The park lives on as Nickelodeon Universe, but without the charm of the characters created by St. Paul native Charles Schultz. At least the Knott's designed Log Chute remains, for now. Much of the effects no longer work. Last time I was at was at the mall, its the only ride I went on. Still a great ride even with so many things no longer working. Too bad the rest of the park isn't as good.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive