Knotts' new Peanuts character will be Pig Pen

Edited: January 22, 2018, 4:11 PM

Knott's announced about two days ago that they would be debuting a new Peanuts character on Jan. 27 with the new Peanuts Celebration.

Today (Sunday) on local KTLA ch. 5 news, they announced the Peanuts character would be longtime supporting character Pig Pen, and not a character tied to the recent Peanuts movie like the Little Red Haired Girl or Snoopy's girlfriend Fifi.

Replies (2)

January 22, 2018, 9:35 AM

Curious to know which of the Peanuts characters make appearances in the park. Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Sally, Snoopy, Schroeder I feel sure about - maybe Peppermint Patty...possibly Marcy...I hope Franklin. Can anybody clarity? Thanks.

Edited: January 22, 2018, 10:10 AM

Rob, yes to almost all of the above. I'd call Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy, and Sally the "big four" of Peanuts characters at Knott's who appear in pretty much every Peanuts show at Camp Snoopy and for seasonal shows at the Charles Schulz Theatre. Snoopy is far and away the most popular Peanuts character, but does not appear at the Camp Snoopy shows. Snoopy is the main Peanuts character for the big shows at the Charles Schulz.

Schroeder, Franklin, and Peppermint Party also make frequent appearances at the park. I have seen Woodstock on one or two occasions but I think the character is relatively rare.

According to Knott's fan page reactions, Marcy has not appeared at Knott's within anyone's memory.

I believe this photo shows the regular characters:
http://www.insidethemagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Peanuts-Celebration-Hero-Image-800x400.jpg

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive