Theme Park Attendance

Edited: February 15, 2018, 10:36 AM

Hi all!

I am a student at university right now and am looking into the Theme Park industry as a case study. Is there anyone here who may be able to point me in the right direction to find out statistics like attendance by individual park (beyond what AECOM has produced - need more than the top 20)?

Thank you!!!

Replies (3)

Edited: February 15, 2018, 10:43 AM

You could check individual theme park operators' public financial statements. It may require some very dull reading and may result in some rounded numbers that may also be devoid of individual attendance numbers across multi-par chains, but that's where I would start if the TEA/AECOM reports are insufficient.

February 15, 2018, 10:47 AM

Thanks so much for the reply Russell - unfortunately, I was going through Six Flags and it seems that they do have an overall number but lack a park-by-park disclosure while others like Disney are more transparent...

Edited: February 15, 2018, 12:48 PM

I would directly call or email TEA/AECOM, let them know that you are a student, and ask if they would be willing to share the information you are looking for. Here is the contact for them:
Erik Miller erik.miller -at- aecom -dot- com 415*955*2804

While most of these data collection organizations will charge for their data, if you say you are a student there is a decent likelihood that they would be willing to share, particularly if you gave a shout out to the organization in your report. Also if this is not for publication, let them know that.

I did similar things when I was working on my degrees...

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive