Marvel Land

February 21, 2018, 7:45 AM

Hey all, I know Disney hasn't officially announced Marvel Land. I also know it's highly likely that there will be one in the future. Does anyone know when that might be? Also, what rides/attractions do you foresee for Marvel Land? Will Black Panther be part of this?

Replies (4)

February 21, 2018, 12:09 PM

Marvel at DCA won't be announced until at least the next D23 Expo and might only be teased then. Disney has an embarrassment of great IP to populate Marvel land, but I expect that Black Panther's case for inclusion has become much, much stronger after the past week.

February 22, 2018, 3:22 PM

When is the next Disney Expo?

February 22, 2018, 4:01 PM

Basically no one knows at this point, not even Disney. My problem is that Marvel is way too big for a single land. Black Panther is a huge success, but it doesn't make a good fit near Mission Breakout, or any other of the major Marvel characters that will probably be there. The Marvel Universe is just that, a Universe. Its way too spread out across the earth to be combined to one land. Disney figured out a way to do it with Star Wars,so hopefully they can with Marvel too. If not Mission Breakout at the end of Hollywood makes even less sense than the random Pixar franchises sharing a Pier.

February 22, 2018, 10:04 PM

It is very unlikely we will hear anything concrete about Marvel Land until the next D23 Expo in July 2019 (approximately). As has been discussed before, it will be the next major project after Star Wars with a likely opening in the early 2020s and will probably feature two main attractions. Whether Black Panther is one of those remains to be seen, but despite the success of the film I'm a little doubtful he'd get his own ride (my guess is he'll just feature prominently in an Avengers ride). Reliable information on projects over two years out is very hard to come by, so I suggest patience for now. All will be revealed in time, and if the land contains spoilers for Phase Three of the MCU you can bet Disney will be very quiet until after Avengers 4.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive