CGA's Entertainment Complex is a Theme Park

March 5, 2018, 7:00 PM ·

When California's Great America opens the AMAZING entertainment complex, it should be touted as the resort’s expansion as its third park (as the waterpark will be it's own gate by now)

And they're right! it really is a theme park – the third park on cedar fair's world-class resort property.

And based on matt omelet's claim, they truly do have 3 parks. this park will have it's own gate, it's own parking, AND, they're relocating the main front gate, so that way patriot, gold striker, and star tower can operate as their own main attractions in this park. This is for all the 49ers fans who are upset that their team lost, again, and want to cheer up by riding 2 fantastic rollercoasters and catch a view of the stadium

It has attractions. It has themed environments (2 world class themed lands aptly named "patriot: the ride land" and "western ride plus gift shop land"). It has live entertainment and multiple unique dining experiences. It will draw hundreds of thousands of guests every year.

Universal set the standard when it called Volcano Bay a theme park. With the broadening of the definition, is absolutely a theme park. And it (might be) one of the best on the planet.

Replies (7)

March 8, 2018, 7:38 AM ·

Next week: Flint, Michigan is a theme park.

March 8, 2018, 8:55 AM ·

Please stop these ridiculous posts.

Edited: March 8, 2018, 5:39 PM ·

Chad, you mean you never heard of Six Flags AutoWorld in Flint, Michigan? It opened July 4th, 1984 (ok, it closed six months later and was eventually torn down) but it was a totally indoor theme park.

Armando, I agree with you. Must be the slow season in the theme park world.

March 8, 2018, 5:18 PM ·

Theme Park Insider is a theme park. There, I said it.

March 9, 2018, 3:11 AM ·

BTW, Kenny, it's Matt Ouimet, not Matt Omelet. And Robert- stop. Just stop.

March 9, 2018, 10:55 AM ·

I am familiar with it. A case of “if you build it, it doesn’t mean they will come”

March 9, 2018, 12:04 PM ·

Kenny this was fun and funny last week, but know you overdid it and it lost it's shine...

Theme Park Insider Awards