What's going on with F&F Supercharged?

Edited: March 13, 2018, 10:00 AM

At risk of triggering TH or his alter-ego, Clackers, I'm pretty curious about this attraction progress. For a ride originally set to open last year to still be set at the generic "Spring 2018" is a bit off. One might think spring would mean in time for spring break but that's starting to feel like a stretch. We already know when toy story land will officially open and at this point last year we knew when Fallon, Volcano Bay, and Pandora were opening even though they were more like summer (memorial day) openings. So what is going on?

Replies (6)

March 13, 2018, 11:04 AM

I'm not sure where you saw F&F was supposed to open last year. It has been slated with a 2018 opening for well over a year now. From what I can tell, it looks like it will open sometime between April and mid-May. Universal has been running a number of contests to attend the grand opening of the attraction, and has identified a window of late March to May 15 for travel in the rules for those contests. Since much of the work is inside, it's difficult to ascertain the progress, but there's been no indication that it will open any later than mid-May.

March 13, 2018, 11:51 AM

It was originally a 2017 project very early on, but you're right that it had been pushed back to 2018 for quite some time. It's still a bit peculiar that they're intending to open 9 weeks from today at the latest, but haven't announced a date, but seems like nbd.

Edited: March 13, 2018, 1:16 PM

I think since it's probably not going to be open for any Spring Breakers, they're keeping it on the DL to avoid confusion. Everything I've seen seems to indicate no later than mid-May, which is when UO has done most of their openings (a week or two before Memorial Day). As long as it's open by Father's Day Weekend (when we'll be back), I'll be happy.

March 13, 2018, 11:43 PM

It was alaways supposed to open in 2018. And I am not Clackers .... sorry

March 14, 2018, 8:16 AM

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2015/08/universal-orlando-confirmsfast-furious-ride.html

While Universal probably scrubbed any reference to a 2017 opening there are a number of sources referencing the original announcement.

March 14, 2018, 2:45 PM

I also recall that this was originally a 2017 release.

TH may not be Clackers, but they post similar trollings :-D

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive