All writers and want-to-be writers: Always let me know when you're in Orlando

Edited: March 14, 2018, 3:12 PM

Hi there,

I just wanted to ask all you Theme Park Insiders to let me know whenever you will be in the Orlando area on your vacations. I get invitations to cover press events at Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and other local attractions from time to time, and while I try to cover many of these on my own, I'm not always out there to do so. (I live in Southern California.)

I hate to say no to coverage opportunities and I like getting additional voices on the front page, so if you are interested in covering some things for us, please email me at themeparkinsider@gmail.com to let me know when you'll be available in Orlando.

My strong preference is for voices that have established themselves by participating on the site: by contributing to discussions, by responding to front-page posts, and by reviewing attractions on the listings pages. Anyone who's written for us on the front page in the past is welcomed, too. Just let me know your availability.

We do not allow anonymity on the front page, so if you haven't participated on the site before and don't want your real name on a post, please understand that I won't be giving you an assignment. But if you've not been a stranger 'round these parts and would like to do more, I'd love to consider you.

You would need to be able to write up a description of an event in a way that will be interesting to fellow readers and to take good photos and possibly some video. (A good smartphone provides acceptable quality. No need for high-end equipment. Just shoot horizontal and know how to pull focus and frame your shots.)

Please also let me know your preferences for parks, IP and types of events. I want to get people who have some experience with the stuff that I ask them to cover. Are you big into thrill rides? Food and wine? Characters meets? Floral and park decor? Music? Theater? Let me know. I have a few upcoming events I would like to get covered.

Thanks in advance.

Replies (4)

March 14, 2018, 3:56 PM

Wilco Robert. And if you ever need an eye on the ground in the UK let me know and I'll see if I can work it in.

March 15, 2018, 6:32 AM

I live here, so I am game. I am actually headed to the Magic Kingdom after work this evening. Teacher by day, Theme Park junkie by night and weekends.

March 15, 2018, 6:48 AM

Going in May for 8 days. 3rd week in May 2018..

March 15, 2018, 11:50 AM

I would love to be able to do something, for this is may be my favorite site on the internet. I live kind of far... (Brazil), but I always go to Orlando (know Universal better than my own house)!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive