What do you think about Disney's Incredicoaster trains?

Edited: April 23, 2018, 1:16 PM

Disneyland has released its first photos of the trains for its upcoming Incredicoaster, the Incredibles-themed reskin of the California Screamin' coaster at Disney California Adventure.

Incredicoaster train

Disney is calling these "new" trains, but they're the same old trains on this Intamin launch coaster, still with the bulky over-the-shoulder restraints that some of us had hoped Disney would ditch with this redesign. But those speakers will feature new on-ride audio, with a new musical track being written for the ride by composer Michael Giacchino.

I got a preview of the new Incredicoaster experience, including a VR ride-through, at Walt Disney Imagineering in Glendale last month.

Replies (6)

Edited: April 23, 2018, 1:22 PM

LAME!!! These are clearly just refurbished trains from California Screamin'. This photo doesn't show any features common to modern Intamin trains created over the past 10+ years. Pixar Pier is proving to be just a cheap reskinning in an attempt to pull the wool over guests' eyes. I don't know why they're bothering, because guests saw through Disney's cost cutting at DCA in the past, so much so that they had to invest over $2 billion to refresh the park and undo their cheapskate mistakes. If they put any more spin on this, the coaster would have 2 or 3 inversions.

Edited: April 23, 2018, 3:08 PM

Agreed, this is a dissapointment. I was hoping they would opt for a more comfortable design. I'm no coaster enthusiast but it sounds like we are past what Disney is offering here. I also have to agree with Russell, while I'm looking forward to the actual Incredicoaster, this whole rebrand seems cheap and rushed. Such a shame after the great strides DCA has made. Still my favorite park in Southern California though!

April 23, 2018, 2:32 PM

It sure looks incredibly underwhelming. It doesn't even try to look like any vehicle from the movie. They just slapped on the logo.

April 23, 2018, 2:36 PM

Is that sarcasm? It is a nice paintjob. It's an appropriate skin job since the real fix is going in Bug's Land.

Edited: April 23, 2018, 11:48 PM

While the trains don't look bad, it's very disappointing that Disney is simply retheming the old trains instead of upgrading to a more current model. I was hoping the ride would get newer Intamin trains like those found on Cheetah Hunt and Intimidator 305, but I guess that either wasn't in the budget or wasn't a good fit for the ride. I still have yet to see any evidence that points toward Pixar Pier being a worthwhile investment, especially if the cost of the project is as high as I suspect it is.

April 24, 2018, 2:49 AM

It just looks like any old car you find at a Second rate amusement park in a tourist hotspot.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive