Water rides at Cedar Point

April 29, 2018, 1:58 PM

Hi! First, thanks for all of the great old Cedar Point posts - they have been SO helpful in answering my questions for our first trip to CP this June. I haven't been able to find a ton of information about CP's water rides - Snake River Falls and Thunder Canyon. I'm wondering just how wet you typically get on these rides. If it helps to compare it to another ride, we've been on all the water rides at Disney, Universal and Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Thanks!

Replies (4)

April 29, 2018, 8:04 PM

I can't speak for Thunder Canyon, but when I rode Snake River Falls years ago I got off dripping and was damp for the rest of the day. I'd probably rank it as comparable to Dudley Do-Right and much wetter than Jurassic Park or Escape From Pompeii. Unless you're okay with walking around in soaked clothing, it might be a good idea to bring an extra outfit and change after experiencing both water rides.

Edited: April 30, 2018, 6:04 PM

Now here’s a question I should have asked in my thread, but I wasn’t even really thinking about it. I’m going to make a big assumption, but I’d be willing to bet Thunder Canyon is more like Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom, where your wetness ranges from slight to soaked, as opposed to being like Popeye at Islands of Adventure, where no one is safe from being drenched to the bone. I could be wrong though.

May 3, 2018, 2:35 PM

Snake River Falls is a soaker, head-to-toe soaker, a classic shoot-the-chutes. Thunder Canyon is a hit-or-miss. You might get slightly splashed- you might get stuck under a waterfall and drowned. What we usually do (since we have a Platinum Pass and can do this), is park in the Cedar Point Shores parking lot, and when we decide it's time to get soaked we change into our swim wear in the locker rooms there, go back into CP (a longish walk from the gate to the water rides, but not terrible, and remember- you have to wear a shirt and footwear to get into the park) then ride the water rides several times to get completely drenched and cooled-off, then wetly splat back to the CPS locker rooms, dry off and change back into our dry clothes, run our wet stuff back to the car, and get back to riding coasters.

May 5, 2018, 1:06 PM

Awesome - this is really helpful! Sounds like if we are going to ride the water rides, we'll do it right before we head back to our resort!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive