Disneyland weather in January

Edited: May 12, 2018, 6:46 AM

Thinking about a trip to southern California (LA,Palm Springs, San Diego) and Vegas from 27th Dec to 12th Jan and visiting Disneyland the second week in January (to avoid the Christmas crowds).

I've been to California a few times but never that time of the year and I have a question about weather really.

I know it's the wettest time and can be quite chilly at night and so i'm not expecting it to be all hot and sunny. But, overall, is it still quite sunny and mostly dry or can it be cloudy/rainy for several days in a row?

Bear in mind that, being from the UK, my perception of what is good weather is going to be a lot lower than someones from California - 70f and quite sunny is very good to me, but if there is a risk of endless cloudy/wet days I may rethink the dates.

Many thanks

Replies (3)

May 14, 2018, 1:29 AM

I've been there several times at this time of year and you rarely get rain of significance. If you're from the UK, you'll probably find the weather awesome. I'm an Aussie, and coming from our summer I would usually wear shorts and a t-shirt to the parks, occasionally a light jumper or long pants.

I think it's the best time of year to visit (after the first week of January). School's in and not many people visiting, so about as quiet as its likely to get (ie - still pretty busy).

May 14, 2018, 2:31 PM

In general, expect highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s, though don't be surprised if temperatures exceed these by a sizable margin (they're more likely to skew high). Even though January is wet season, it's rare to have rain for more than a day or two (and even then, it's more showers than heavy rain), so I wouldn't worry too much about that. For the most part, it should be comfortably warm with a mix of sunny and cloudy days.

May 14, 2018, 2:57 PM

Thanks for the advice guys- good to know

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive