Super Charged 3D Ready or Not Here We Come?

Edited: August 20, 2014, 11:56 AM

It seems to be back in April 2014 that sources say that at Universal Studios Hollywood that they will bring in 2015 a new attraction called Fast & Furious: Super Charged 3D thrill ride. Universal Studios Hollywood announces it's bringing Fast & Furious franchise to the theme park for their next big attraction

I could be late with this information, but now it seems to be more than just a rumor. If this is the case would this be something people want to see and enjoy? And if deemed successful could we see the attraction make its way to Universal Studios Florida? Could this be the rumored replacement for twister?

Replies (9)

August 19, 2014, 8:05 AM

http://www.dailynews.com/business/20140409/fast-and-furious-simpsons-additions-announced-as-part-of-universal-studios-hollywood-expansion-plan

August 19, 2014, 8:38 AM

I thought this was already announced, and The Rock was already spotted filming segments for it. However, the attraction is supposed to be integrated into the existing Studio Tram tour, very much the way King Kong 360 has been executed.

This is not really news, and even the story you link is from April 2014.

August 19, 2014, 9:30 AM

i know there was actually more to my article but it got messed up some how and when i posted it only a sentence came out.

August 19, 2014, 10:43 AM

OK, so what is it that you want to discuss, because the coming Fast and Furious addition to the Studio Tour is yesterday's news.

There are rumors that a similar experience may be coming to Florida, but unless you have some more concrete evidence that has already been dug up (rumors from Twister crew members), then there's really nothing to talk about.

Edited: August 19, 2014, 11:20 AM

Low level cast members are one of the least reliable sources.

August 19, 2014, 11:20 AM

There's rumors flying now of Fast & Furious to replace Disaster at USO. Very early stage rumor. No major insiders have backed it up yet. But it's feasible it can end up somewhere at Universal Orlando.

August 20, 2014, 4:01 AM

When I posted this it got messed up I tried fixing it because only part of the discussion was posted. So, the second half was me saying is this something people and fans want to see or not? And could this be the ride that replaces something like fear factor or disaster? Or maybe even twister?

August 20, 2014, 8:32 AM

The edit button doesn't work when you post a topic. I'm not sure if that is by design or just an unintended glitch. Write your article in a separate word processor, proof read and correct mistakes, THEN post your article.

August 20, 2014, 8:56 AM

If this is a concept that is being prepped for both parks, I'd prefer it to take over Twister or Terminator 2 than Disaster! Disaster! is one of the few attractions left at USF that still maintains the identity of the original concept of the park as a working studio theme park (along with the Makeup Show). If you take out Disaster, Twister still remains as an "effects show", but does not really demonstrate how movies are made like Disaster! does. If you take out Disaster!, you take the "Studios" out of USF. The Fast and Furious concept could work in the Twister space, but may consume some adjacent sound stages that could affect HHN. I think the concept works best in the T-2 space as a sit-down theater-based attraction without the need for much retrofitting or reconfiguration, which leaves Disaster! in tact.

Fear Factor is already in line for the wrecking ball to create the Ministry of Magic, so I doubt they would take that valuable space adjacent to Diagon Alley to create a completely unrelated attraction to WWoHP.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive