What is your favorite and least favorite island in Islands of Adventure?

August 24, 2014, 8:54 AM

What is your favorite and least favorite island in Islands of Adventure according to theming, attractions, and dining options?

Replies (8)

August 24, 2014, 12:51 PM

least favorite: Port Entry
Favorite: Harry Potter, Marvel, Toon Lagoon

August 25, 2014, 8:50 AM

Least favorite: Jurassic Park

That island is in need of a total refurbishment. The visitors center needs an update to accommodate guests of this decade. The numerous dead end paths and wasted space in front of the visitors center is bad show. The ride itself is also in need of an update as it's no where near as good or as wet as it's Hollywood cousin. You can also see the Harry Potter blue box on the turn when that sight line could easily be masked with a hanging canopy like on the Hollywood ride. Flyers doesn't soak up crowds and feels a little out of place amongst the rest of the land. The whole land just feels like it has too much wasted space when it has one of the most richly detailed source materials to pull from. Also where is the synergy here? Why aren't they selling the real JP toys here? Why sell generic plastic non moving Dinosaurs when JP has a toy line you can find at Toys R Us?

Hopefully with Kong going they start focusing on this Island a little more. It's not horrible by any means, I just feel out of all the islands this one was left to decay a long time ago. I'm sure it'll be spruced up at some point.

August 26, 2014, 6:42 PM

Favorite: Port of Entry. This is the best theme park entrance ever, for my money. The way the music transitions as you cross the bridge to the turnstiles, then the different layers of music throughout the land. Then the combination of different architectural styles from around the world and all of the Easter Eggs make it so immersive and visually impressive and it all just works... Then the grand reveal of the Hulk and all of the surrounding islands as the music changes again. It's all executed so well and it all works perfectly. Seuss Landing, Lost Continent and WWoHP are all close runners up for me.

Least Favorite: Toon Lagoon. The area that consists of carnival games and an abandoned theater is the worst area of the park. I do enjoy the feeling of walking through the newspaper pages and I think it was executed well, however, Comic Strip Lane is all generic shops connected to each other. Dudley has one of the most impressive facades of all time and it is stunning, however, the ride experience falls weak as it is unfinished and dilapidated. The best part of the land is Bilge Rat Barges and Sweet Haven. I actually love it here and it's sense of true thematic direction. It is very pretty by the water and the music fits perfectly. I love the feeling of an old seaside town and... Bilge Rat Barges is certainly the best rapids ride around.

I love that you asked this question. IoA's biggest fan here!

August 27, 2014, 8:54 PM

Best: Lost Continent/Harry Potter

Worst: Toon Lagoon. It has so much potential, but it looks terrible.

August 28, 2014, 6:08 AM

Marvel Super Hero Island / Toon Lagoon.

August 28, 2014, 11:52 AM

My favorite is a tie, Hogsmeade & Jurassic Park. I don't have a least favorite, they're all good themes and attractions.

August 31, 2014, 3:23 PM

Favorite: Hogsmeade
Least Favorite: The Lost Continent

September 13, 2014, 11:33 AM

Favorite, Harry Potter. The theme is attractive and their ride is unique and fun. They do need more thrill rides. What's a theme park without many thrill rides?
Least, Jurasic Park. They need to revamp the ride and it's a bunch of walking and only the one ride. I guess the hang glidding ride is still there but I hardly count that. It's great for children and if the lines not too long. It has been the most neglected area, but in all honesty this park has become a bit boring to me. It's great for first time guests but not enough thrills for repeat guests in my opinion.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive