Welcome to Theme Park Insider! Join the community or log in
Theme Park Insider
Facebook Twitter YouTube Email Newsletter

Mickey's Halloween party advice

Submitted by Mike Rhodes
Published: August 27, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Edited: August 27, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Hi
We are going to be in anaheim from Sat 11th to Tue 14th October. We have 2 days spare to visit Disney - both parks. I have previously been given advice about days to visit as this is a holiday weekend - columbus day. We are thinking about going on Sat or Sun (to see fireworks), then visit on Tue 14th. As this is a holiday weekend and we only have 2 days spare for both parks, I am thinking about long queues.

Is it worth getting extra tickets for the mickey halloween party on the Tuesday 14th? More for the fact I am reading that lines for the rides are very short, is this the case? Also, can you buy a ticket for both that allows admission all day and for the halloween party in the evening, or do you have to do it seperately?

many thanks
Mike

Please take a moment to share this post, and encourage others to reply!

From Anon Mouse on August 27, 2014 at 1:14 PM

If you have tickets to the Halloween event, you should save your day ticket to use another day and just go to the Halloween event at 4pm. It is a waste to just go to the park during the day only to be kicked out and then processed to go into the park at night.

If you already purchased your 2 day pass, then you're on the hook to use the remaining day. Choose wisely. In any event, going to the park on a Halloween event day is still half a day so you're being screwed either way.

From Anthony Murphy on August 27, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party is alot of fun! There is what I would argue the best fireworks and parade. Also, there is trick or treating and shorter lines. Anon is right, you can go in at 4pm.

We are a family of all adults and it is a riot to go to that event!

Planning a trip to Orlando?

Walt Disney World

Insider's Pick: Get all the best advice from ThemeParkInsider.com in one convenient book! Theme Park Insider Orlando 2014 offers you the insight, background, and how-to skills that will help you enjoy Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando like, well, a theme park insider. Save yourself time and money by learning how to visit the Orlando-area theme parks the insiders' way.

Get it! In paperback | For Kindle | For iBooks