What to expect form the parks in 2015

October 15, 2014, 4:53 PM

So in 2014, not a whole lot happened in WDW, but 2015 looks to be a year of future projects. I think it's safe to say that a Hollywood Studios expansion will be announced (probably at d23), Rivers of Light will be in action, with Avatar only a year apart. What about Epcot? We'll obviously see the progress of the Frozen Norway attraction in World Showcase, and hopefully some new details on the new Soarin'. Will 2015 be a year to hopefully turn Future World around? What other projects are you excited for? Let me know in the comments.

Replies (2)

October 15, 2014, 7:13 PM

I expect plenty of announcements in 2015, but no openings in Orlando. We should be getting a new dark ride at Knott's and we'll get Twisted Colossus at Magic Mountain in Southern California. Frankly, I'm most excited for Baron 1898 at Efteling, at this point.

October 21, 2014, 10:22 AM

Doesn't seem like there will be anything major new for 2015 in orldando, but it looks like a whole load of things coming in the 3 or 4 years following 2015. I just hope it's not a load of ride format copies or cheap changes. it does seem strange that they have closed the DHS tram tour before making any specific announcement for its replacement, I would have thought they would keep it open until they were ready to start work on new stuff?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive