Fastpass+ question...

October 20, 2014, 12:15 PM

We've been to WDW many times, but not since they've introduced FP+ and the Magic Bands. I have one quick question about this.

Our family of 4 has 2 people who like thrill rides, and 2 who do not. It was not uncommon under the old system for us to get 4 Fastpasses to a ride such as Space Mountain, and have the 2 people who wanted to go be able to use all 4 Fastpasses and ride twice with minimal waiting.

Is this still easily possible under the new system ? Will we have to exchange Magic Bands to do this, and if so, how easy/hard/quick is it to get magic bands to fit people of different size wrists ?

All info appreciated, and thanks again!

Replies (6)

October 20, 2014, 4:04 PM

No, it is not as easy to swap Fastpass+ reservations as it was to hand off Fastpass tickets. I suppose that you could physically swap the MagicBands, but is there a photo associated with each band?

Edited: October 20, 2014, 7:57 PM

Yes, you can swap magic bands to achieve this, but you can also make different fastpass reservations for different members in your family. I know because I done it. I haven't seen a photo associated with the magic bands, but it might seem strange if you swap bands with names that don't match your gender. I'm not sure how strict they are with this.

October 20, 2014, 9:19 PM

There is no photo associated, the name would only come into play if they're paying that much attention (in my experience they're usually not, especially if it's busy, they're mostly looking for the green indicator).

You would have to hand off your band in order to do so. It's not necessary to wear the band on your wrist, just put away one and hold the other one up to the reader. It's easy to take it on and off.

If you have multiple bands linked to your account, you can even just hand off an extra band, and it works fine.

Obviously you wouldn't want to hand it off to a stranger, but it's easy with someone you know and can get the band back from after.

October 21, 2014, 10:51 AM

At Disneyland, Disney links all multi-day tickets and annual passes with a photo of the ticket holder. But we don't have the biometric scanners at Disneyland, so perhaps that's the difference. So long as Disney doesn't implement the biometric scanners at attraction entrances at WDW, as they do with the park entrances, this FP+ band swap should remain possible.

October 21, 2014, 11:34 AM

Thanks again everyone for the info!!

October 21, 2014, 8:23 PM

You can literally make a Fastpass+ reservation for each person separately. Personally, I like to go for a blanket fastpass+ and then go and change individually.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive