The Front Row VS The Back Row.

November 4, 2014, 11:24 AM

In April (2014) we went to Universal Orlando for school vacation. We were lucky enough at the end of the day to ride the Front row for Jurassic park river adventure. And wow what a difference. We have had the back row a few times, but the front was so much better.

There was a delay for one minute so there was also no car in from of us for our Jurassic park river ride. This made the front seat view even better. Just imagine those doors opening, the Jurassic music playing and nothing to block your view. This gave me a new perspective on a fantastic ride.

We have also been in the back row on this ride several times. It is fun and exciting but with all of the obstructed views, we prefer the front…

Let us know which ride you will wait for to be either in the front or back seats…

Replies (10)

November 4, 2014, 11:57 AM

When I went to Disneyland to ride space mountain with the ghost galaxy overlay I asked to sit up front. Huge difference much better. Another is staying away from the front at splash mountain. Sure there are more but all I can think of now.

November 4, 2014, 6:05 PM

The back row is much better than the front on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disney World. In the front, you're sometimes already halfway down the hill by the time the train gets to full speed, and the back gets the extra pull from whiplash.

Edited: November 4, 2014, 7:08 PM

No doubt front row of Rock n Rollercoaster. The anticipation at the beginning waiting to blast off looking down the long, dark tunnel is awesome! Add to it front row of The Incredible Hulk Coaster and The Tower of Terror as well.

Edited: November 5, 2014, 4:20 PM

The front seat at Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom is the best seat on any ride. No one is in front of you, no one is to the left or right of you. You are all alone blasting through the dark, twisty coaster.

November 6, 2014, 12:28 PM

Hmm, I find the back of WDW Space Mountain far more thrilling than the front. So much whiplash!

November 6, 2014, 12:39 PM

For roller coasters that have a launch in the begging front (Rock n Roller Coaster) for any other back.

November 6, 2014, 2:57 PM

That's why I said the ghost galaxy overlay. You can actually see whats all going on. In the normal format, I would agree on the back or anywhere really

November 7, 2014, 9:19 AM

Front vs Back is a good question. Quoting the Simpsons ride, "All the seats are the same. Except the ones that are better." On some rides it doesn't really matter, but others, there is a sharp contrast. The ride that I have noticed the biggest difference in Front vs Back is on Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.

There is literately a 20-30 ft difference in drop height between the front and back. The first ride that I had was in the last row. The drop was very steep and in my head it felt like it lasted a while. The second time I rode was also in the last row again, but because I knew what to expect, it didn't feel as long. The next ride I was in the front row. As the ride track tilted beneath my car, I was bracing for the drop in which I knew from the back row. When the car fell, the drop seemed as it was over before it even started!

The view was better from the front row for the most part, but the little butterflies that I usually feel in my stomach during a drop, really weren't there. Overall I loved the ride from all of the rows, but if you are more of the adrenaline junkie the ride in the first row is a disappointment and if you are a scaredy cat the ride from the back might just be a little too much!

November 10, 2014, 4:40 AM

On rides that are all one car, there is a lot to see, or don't have many big drops, definitely the front. Otherwise, the back generally gives a more intense ride. Especially on 7DMT. Rode in the front and back, and you swing hardly at all in the front, and a whole lot more in the back

November 10, 2014, 11:15 AM

On "long train" coasters -- Hulk, Dragons, Everest, Big Thunder -- I always prefer the last row and have been known to ask for it if that's not where I get assigned. I definitely get the best "tummy drops" on these rides when I'm in the back. On coasters with shorter cars, like the Mummy, I don't notice any real difference. I've only ridden Gringotts once, so I can't speak to that one.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive