Toy Story Playland now more likely to come to DHS?

November 6, 2014, 6:22 PM

With the announcement of Toy Story 4 for a June 16 2017 release date,do you think that this could push forward a Toy Story Playland or Pixar Place upgrade to DHS as part of its rumored upcoming expansion/redo.

Replies (8)

November 6, 2014, 7:15 PM

I'd be shocked if it didn't happen, at this point.

November 6, 2014, 8:59 PM

I really didn't want a Toy Story 4. The third film ended on such a perfect note that didn't warrant the need for a sequel. I especially don't want to see Toy Story Playland added to DHS. The rides there are your average, low-capacity kiddie rides that won't do any good for a park in desperate need of new attractions that will help draw attention away from the current existing rides.

November 8, 2014, 2:22 PM

Disney has so many fun possibilities for Hollywood Studios, but I think a Pixar area would be a no brainer. It fits perfectly with what DHS needs to be, for it to be in line with the original vision (in addition to a STAR WARS themed land). Also, It would be a shame if they did nothing more with Indiana Jones. I enjoy the stunt show, but it's time to do something a little different.

November 8, 2014, 4:56 PM

I would like the Indy Stunt Show to stay. Perhaps a Lucasland?

Since they already know how to build and crowd control a "Toy Story Land", I do not see why they couldn't build it next to Toy Story Mania.

November 8, 2014, 7:30 PM

I'm with Ray H. I think with Disney/Pixar making "Finding Dory", "Toy Story 4", "Cars 3" (TBA) & " The Incredibles 2" (TBA) they really should be making a "Pixar World/Place". Not just a "Toy Story Playland". It would probably save them money in the long run & it just makes more sense right???

November 9, 2014, 3:11 PM

I'd expect Incredibles 2 to enter full on production shortly after Tomorrowland releases. And then maybe a release date around 2018 or 2019?

November 10, 2014, 12:53 PM

I really hope they do something more ambitious than a Toy Story Playland, but I definitely think they need to expand Pixar Place at DHS. Walking through that unique brick area feels amazing, but it's over before you know it, as it's really only there to provide Toy Story Mania with a "land".

Pixar and Lucas are the two properties Disney should run with at DHS. Traditional Marvel is not a possibility, so focus Marvel at the other parks. But DHS could be three areas. 1) Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. 2) Pixar. 3) Star Wars.

And I disagree with Indiana Jones. It's fun the first time. But that is a huge piece of land that could make the park feel so much larger.

November 12, 2014, 9:18 PM

Indy is a pretty full show. I enjoy seeing it multiple times.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive