Jurassic World Trailer: Discuss

November 25, 2014, 3:24 PM

1) Gonna see the movie?
2) Think Universal should do something with its Jurassic Park lands to reflect the new film?

Discuss....

Replies (14)

November 25, 2014, 3:44 PM

I'd love to see a refresh of the river ride. Disney added J Sparrow to POTC so why can't US add some new Dino's to the river raft journey.

Its a pipe dream but I've always wanted them to build the Jeep ride from the original movie. I'd love a hybrid ride that uses the Jeep for half the ride, then the other part is a walkthrough story (similar to Poseidon) where you escape from the park on foot.

November 25, 2014, 4:34 PM

The movie looks fairly promising. The first sequel was okay but the third movie was awful. I think Universal should definitely do something.

November 25, 2014, 5:00 PM

If you cant wait Magic Mountain a B grade (or should that be C grade?) amusement park in Australia has "Triassic Park".

(Yes, it really is as bad as it sounds)

Edited: November 26, 2014, 4:29 AM

Haven't we already seen this movie three times? I love, love, love Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy was easily one of the best genre films of this year - or any year), but this trailer.... just say "no" Universal. Sure, I'll see it, but it looks awful.

However, I would love to see a revamped Jurassic "land" at IOA that incorporates a few of the things seen in the trailer - especially the massive "Orca" dino that sweeps up out of the water and eats the shark. At a bare minimum, it would be nice for the existing Jurassic Park ride to get an extensive refurb and some new and improved (or at least routinely working) animatronics.

Edited: November 26, 2014, 8:54 AM

I think the trailer was fine! Obviously, it was the first trailer & more will be seen.

James, while technically, this will most likely be a "dino chase movie", I think this will be the most unique of the sequels.

This is the first time that we're seeing the "fully realized park" that was hinted at in the first film. So that in itself will be different enough from the empty jungle settings of the sequels.

And Colin Trevorrow said that "It sees more than 20,000 visitors every day. You arrive by ferry from Costa Rica. It has elements of a biological preserve, a safari, a zoo, and a theme park. There is a luxury resort with hotels, restaurants, nightlife and a golf course". (Hmmm, this sounds familiar for a site like TPI)

I really like the franchise & based on the interviews I've read with Trevorrow, he seems to have some interesting surprises in store & cites the ideas in the Crichton novels. He did say that this would be different from the other films & they are leaving that safe zone, so that sounds promising.

All that aside, it really can't be worse than JP3, ha!

November 26, 2014, 9:54 AM

Great job Universal...

I am still thinking about HP Diagon alley... Not worried about the future of JP area.. Plus the River adventure ride is pretty awesome as is...

November 26, 2014, 12:15 PM

It's wrong that we as a society condone the captivity of these dinosaurs and write it off as "entertainment." How would you like to be forced into a massive environment where you can run around with people surrounding you? We need to release these dinos into the wild where they can be free with their families. Mark my words, when Jurassic World comes out next year (I hear it's being directed by Gabriela Cowperthwaite), everyone will see the real dangers and harm of keeping dinosaurs locked up for amusement and "Jurassic Puke" will finally be shut down for good! #freetrex

November 26, 2014, 6:07 PM

Okay, now that I've recovered from the hysterical laughter I suffered from James' comment....

Um... No high hopes for the movie; it looks like it relies too much on Spielberg's trope of precocious kids in unlikely places.... though I have to say, the dino-jumper-roo show with the Great White as bait is pure genius.

But to see Universal enhance the current Jurassic Park area with something from the movie would be fine. Not to replace the current ride, necessarily, but something else to add to it....

That being said... I'd also be perfectly happy if the new Kong ride and the existing Jurassic Park area sort of merged to be a giant "Skull Island" sort of place.... :-)

November 26, 2014, 6:39 PM

My immediate reaction after watching this trailer was that it looked like a rehash of the first film. I'm sure it won't be a carbon copy but it seems a lot of the same plot points will return. I'm cautiously optimistic about it, but the series doesn't have the greatest track record and the trailer hasn't convinced me this will be a worthwhile installment (okay, I never expected anything to live up to the first film, but it needs to be creative and not just Jurassic Park with a functioning park and bonus CGI).

In response to Robert's questions:

1. Unless the film gets terrible reviews, I'll go see it in theaters. The Lost World was a decent action film and even Jurassic Park 3 wasn't truly terrible, the problem was that both were disappointments when compared to the original film.

2. At USH, I don't think much could be done except revamp the ride with new animatronics and references to this film (unless the park wants to take over more of the backlot, in which case I'm all for a Jurassic Park land). At the other Universal Parks, however, this would be a great opportunity to expand the Jurassic Park areas with new attractions. Florida's definitely seems like it needs a redo and Japan could use a full land instead of just one ride.

November 26, 2014, 7:58 PM

I was going to post a comment asking how in the world Chris Pratt became a Hollywood action star when I realized...

Chris Pratt's acting career is following the same path as Underdog -- from humble shoeshine boy to superhero.

So from now on, I shall refer to Chris Pratt as "Underdog" in all posts. ;^)

November 28, 2014, 6:56 AM

Now we finally know what Universal did with the Old Jaws props...(The fake shark that used to be in front of Jaws attraction is now being used to fed the water dino..)

Edited: November 28, 2014, 9:52 AM

I'm cautiously optimistic... Right now, it looks pretty much like the first film all over again, only with the actual theme park added. We'll see...

I do like the "Jaws" cameo... I wonder if 'Lil Sebastian will make an appearance?

November 28, 2014, 5:07 PM

Since this appears to be John Hammond's dream/nightmare coming true, I think that Jurassic World is perfect for Islands of Adventure.

Think about it this way, we now have at least three Islands that are real places in their story's world.

Skull Island (King Kong)
England (Harry Potter)
Isle de Nubar (Jurassic Park)

November 29, 2014, 11:41 AM

The hybrid dinosaur thing is a little strange but the whole concept of using frog DNA and magic to make living dinosaurs in the disguise of science was always a bit far fetched. The theme park vibe they have in the trailer is spot on though. Can't knock the Shamu tank at all.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive