Is Warm Butterbeer the Best Butterbeer?

November 26, 2014, 1:13 PM

Universal Orlando has started serving the warm version of Butterbeer in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Warm Butterbeer

The warm version sells for $4.99 and offers what I think is a richer butterscotch flavor than the cold or frozen versions. But let's put this up for a vote. Which is the best version of Butterbeer?

FWIW, my picks are Warm, Cold, Frozen, in that order. Let's hear yours!

Replies (12)

November 26, 2014, 1:49 PM

I voted "can't tell", but you might need an option for "None of the above". I had high hopes for butterbeer, but just found it too sweet..... And that's saying something for me :-). I was much more impressed with the Otter's Orange whatever-they-call-it in DA than with butterbeer.

But since I haven't tried the warm stuff, I'm willing to be convinced. Is it as sickly sweet as the cold stuff, or is it more like a good hot chocolate?

November 26, 2014, 2:12 PM

I would have to agree with Melanie, have not tried warm yet, in that I found this to be way to sweet. Of the two I have tried I would have to give the nod to cold over frozen.

November 26, 2014, 3:14 PM

I think the sweetness factor is one of the reasons why I prefer the warm version. It just makes the taste seem, well, as I described it... richer. Not sweeter, which is my problem with the frozen version. Sweet and cold together just set my palate on edge.

November 27, 2014, 2:40 PM

We've done the cold & frozen, with a nod to frozen as slightly better. It may be sweet, but we love it and become addicted to butterbeer every Universal vacation.

November 29, 2014, 2:34 PM

I didn't think the butter beer was to sweet for me. I actually prefer the frozen one over the other 2 options. When I had the LeFou Brew in Magic Kingdom that was to sweet for me.

November 29, 2014, 4:08 PM

I voted can't tell. However, I will be at Universal/Islands on Tuesday and cannot wait to try it!

December 5, 2014, 11:52 AM

Yes, yes warn butter beer is by far the best butter beer! It was delicious.

December 5, 2014, 1:34 PM

I don't think I could pick any one over the other except that cold is my least favorite. I like the flavor of warm better, but I don't like hot drinks, so I always go for the frozen. The frozen has a wonderful texture to it.

December 8, 2014, 9:25 PM

I think it is a little funny that they are offering warm butterbeer. You know, for those arctic 60 degree nights! :)

Edited: December 9, 2014, 6:45 PM

I love it warm. It does remind me of a white hot chocolate. I am not a fan of the cold version and frozen is okay but not something I would do often. A little off subject I liked the Butter Beer ice cream more than frozen.

December 9, 2014, 10:33 PM

Yep, I probably should have included "ice cream" as the fifth option. Look for this to become an official Vote of the Week post at some point!

December 10, 2014, 8:28 AM

Im going up this weekend and will have to try the warm, weather permitting. To be honest, I love the taste of butterscotch but Butterbeer has just barely a hint in it. Doesn't stop it from being my go-to poison at the Wizarding world next to Otter's Fizzy Orange.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive