Universal Studio Hollywood

December 7, 2014, 2:08 AM

Hello, I'm Japanese. I have a question. I'm glad if you answer my question.

We plan to go to Los Angels in February and We also going to visit Universal Studio Hollywood. So, We don't know how long we have to wait at Universal Studio Hollywood and please tell me the waiting time for Universal Studio Hollywood. Probably we're going to go there at 12th February,

Replies (6)

December 8, 2014, 4:07 PM

February at Universal Studios Hollywood can be a little unpredictable as different schools have different holidays. Fortunately, you will be visiting the week before most of them, so it shouldn't be too bad. I would expect lines of 15-30 minutes for the park's attractions at the time you're visiting, though they could be slightly longer. If lines are too long and your party is willing to split up, all three lower lot attractions (Jurassic Park, Revenge of the Mummy, and Transformers) have single rider lines that will significantly reduce the waiting time.

I recommend you plan to arrive 45 minutes before opening to allow yourself plenty of time to park, walk to the entrance, purchase tickets (if necessary), and get to the rope drop point before official opening. Once the park opens, ride Despicable Me, then head to the lower lot and do the three rides down there (do re-rides if desired as well...it takes time to travel between the two lots so you want to minimize trips). Once back in the upper lot, ride Simpsons Ride (if desired...this one is optional but recommended) and the Studio Tour, then check your show schedule and decide which shows to see. In my opinion, Waterworld is an absolute must see, the Special Effects Stage is pretty good but not mandatory viewing, Shrek 4-D is worth seeing if you like Shrek and/or haven't seen the show elsewhere (you can skip it if you've seen it at another Universal park), and Universal's Animal Actors can be skipped unless you're really into animals. That's about it. Universal Studios Hollywood is a fun park, but it's pretty small and can usually be done in about 2/3 of a day except on the most crowded days.

December 8, 2014, 4:23 PM

Also note that large sections of the park are under construction, for the new Harry Potter and Springfield (Simpsons) lands. That doesn't affect wait times but you should be aware of this before you visit.

December 9, 2014, 12:31 PM

February is generally a slow time of the year. It is not yet spring break so I wouldn't worry much about crowds.

December 10, 2014, 5:48 PM

I appreciate to everybody!
They're good information for us to go there.
By the way,is it safe to go to Universal Studio Hollywood by train such as DASH?
If not, please tell me how to go there safely from Downtown, LA.

Edited: December 10, 2014, 6:17 PM

Don't Forget to enjoy Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem, i shouldn't steal the plan for this ride for a Wreck-It Ralph ride, right?

December 10, 2014, 6:31 PM

Take the Metro Red Line subway train from any downtown station on the Red Line, to the Universal City stop. From there, you can cross Lankershim Blvd. to catch the free Universal shuttle bus that will take you to the short distance to the top of the hill and the park entrance.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive