GoPro's in Theme Parks

December 14, 2014, 1:06 PM

Hi,

I am getting a GoPro Hero 4 for Xmas. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on whether GoPro's are allowed in Theme Parks, or if it depends on the specific Theme Park? Or does the specific ride have its own regulations?
I have seen people post some cool pictures on Instagram using a GoPro.

Thanks!

Replies (4)

December 14, 2014, 4:52 PM

Someone asked this not too long ago. I think the answer was generally not, and even when allowed don't expect to be allowed on the ride with one. IIRC Disney parks were more lenient.

But, the 100% authoritiave answer is call guest relations for the Park(s) you're going to, to make sure your new toy isn't confiscated.

December 15, 2014, 7:43 AM

We were at WDW last weekend and saw them all over the place, but as soon as you saw someone entering a queue generally we saw Cast Members politely asking them to refrain from any form of filming. But I've never been asked to put my iPhone away when I get on a ride and pull it out to film POV's while still at the loading station. So maybe certain Cast Members just try to uphold the rules more than others.

December 15, 2014, 1:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

December 16, 2014, 10:47 PM

Yeah, I asked it a few weeks ago.

Generally, it is ok, but it really depends on the ride. Supposedly, Disney is a little more accommodating.

I would ask for the harness if Santa is bringing the accessories :)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive