Australia's Dreamworld Closes BuzzSaw

February 17, 2015, 11:16 PM

A reader forwarded this story:

Dreamworld’s big thrill ride the BuzzSaw has been closed due to safety concerns

A Dreamworld spokeswoman said there was a problem with the safety system that the team was looking into.

“The harness has several layers of safety and one of those layers has been compromised,” she said.

Anyone been on this ride? Thoughts?

Replies (3)

Edited: February 18, 2015, 8:10 AM

I'm afraid it was installed after m time. Its a stock Maurer Söhne SkyLoop roller coaster, which makes me wonder if more closures are about to be announced.

I wonder if the Eureka Mine Train coaster is still SBNO. It was in a weird position for a very long time where bringing it up to code was too expensive, but so was the cost of removal.

February 19, 2015, 12:47 AM

I've been on it, Part of the thrill of this ride is that the harness system is not one that comes over your shoulders but is a lap harness that comes across from the side, giving the illusion of higher risk.

If the first layer has been compromised, I too, would be on it quick smart 'cos I can't see how many layers they'd be able to fit in!

February 21, 2015, 7:14 AM

From all reports it was a short maintenance to deal with a fault found in testing. No risk to any park guests. I believe it has a two layer locking system, and fault was only in one layer. I believe it was supposed to reopen today, but our cyclonic conditions may have changed that.

As for Eureka mountain mine ride, it is SBNO but rumours are Dreamworld have been testing it to see if it is viable to return. all signs seem to be pointing to yes. Back from the dead after 8 years, that would be something!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive