Which Theme Park Ranks the Very Best When it Comes to Landscaping?

February 23, 2015, 3:07 PM

We're just about a week away from Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival. As that event begins to blossom, which theme park do YOU believe presents the very best in flora?

Replies (13)

February 23, 2015, 5:10 PM

I'd have to nominate Alton Towers. Its oldest attraction, the Gardens, may be forgotten by most but they remain amazing even to this day

https://www.altontowers.com/things-to-do/theme-park/the-gardens/#the-gardens

Edited: February 23, 2015, 6:54 PM

It's hard to declare a best, but if I were forced to pick one I'd probably say Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It's the only park I've been to that I thought looked better than a Disney park and the park deserves the Golden Ticket Award it wins every year.

If I were to make a top five list for landscaping based on the parks I've visited, it would probably look something like this:

1. Busch Gardens Williamsburg
2. Disneyland Paris-Disneyland Park
3. Dollywood
4. Hersheypark
5. Disneyland

In the 2000s, Six Flags Magic Mountain would have also made this list, but they've been cutting down too many trees recently for additions.

February 23, 2015, 6:48 PM

Disneyland Paris is surprisingly good on the landscaping

February 23, 2015, 8:09 PM

I don't think I've ever paid *that* much attention to landscaping, but I do think that Dollywood does a good job of integrating it's coasters and buildings into its woodsy surroundings.

February 23, 2015, 9:06 PM

The only park where the flora has caused me to go "Wow, this is beautiful!" Is Animal Kingdom.

February 23, 2015, 9:12 PM

Busch Gardens Williamsburg without doubt. It's always beautiful. There's not a close second.

Edited: February 24, 2015, 2:52 AM

I concur with Mr. Hammond. Joe Rhodes' work at Disney's Animal Kingdom is at the top of my list.

February 25, 2015, 10:10 AM

Gilroy Gardens, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Efteling are usually the top 3 every year for the Golden Ticket awards when it comes to best landscaping.

February 26, 2015, 3:28 AM

What I love most about the extraordinary landscaping at Disney's Animal Kingdom is the way the park changes. During certain times of year, as guests walk up the path just past the entrance, leaves cascade down from the canopy above. It's a remarkable effect. The absence of manicured hedges in favor of an appearance of wild, unencumbered growth is what makes Disney's Animal Kingdom my favorite.

February 27, 2015, 9:40 AM

Discovery Cove in Orlando..

Might not be a 'Theme Park' by definition by after you enter the walking paths and beautiful.

February 27, 2015, 10:19 PM

Perhaps the best landscaping is the one you don't even notice because its part of the "show".

Animal Kingdom is excellent....never thought of that!

Edited: February 28, 2015, 5:59 PM

Disneyland Paris

March 1, 2015, 1:03 PM

From what we have seen in the concept art, Joe Rhoeds extraordinary success at designing DAK bodes well for the prospects of 'Pandora: The Land of Avatar'

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive