Getting to Universal Studios Hollywood without a car

March 14, 2015, 5:11 AM

My boyfriend and I will be travelling to Universal Studios Hollywood in September 2015. This is our first time to the West Coast (we're from Scotland) and will be heading to the park on a Sunday. We aren't renting a car but we're staying down at Venice Beach and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for getting to and from the park? I've checked out public transport which looks like it would take around two hours, but is it safe? Another option was a paid-for bus transfer but the reviews of the company are sketchy, it's $40 per person and actually only gives you around six hours in the park. If anyone has any other suggestions I would be so grateful!

Replies (3)

March 14, 2015, 7:34 AM

Yes, stay at Universal for one or two nights, then go to Venice. Post must be a joke. Can't be serious.

March 14, 2015, 8:45 AM

Metro is safe, but slow if you're not going somewhere that's directly connected via rail line from your location.

In LA, the answer to this question is always Uber. Get the app.

March 14, 2015, 2:03 PM

I agree with Robert. USH is probably the easiest park in Southern California to access via public transit, as it is directly off the LA Metro route (which is a safe transportation system), but it will still take you two hours to go a distance that would be a 45 minute drive. If possible, go with a rideshare service like Uber.

If you do decide to take the Metro, you'll need to get to the Culver City station, then take the Expo line to 7th Street. Here, transfer to the Red line to the Universal City station. From here, there is a free bus that takes you up the hill to the front entrance of the park. Like I said above, it will be a long trip each direction, but this is your best option other than a rideshare and would definitely be the cheapest option.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive