Theme Park Apprentice 6.1 Chatter Thread

March 14, 2015, 11:55 AM

Since the original chatter thread got archived, here is a continuation. Feel free to resume discussion where it left off. In case anyone needs a reminder...

Post this in the chatter thread:

-General discussion about the competition
-Questions about the competition
-Comments for the judges or other competitors
-Complaints about a poor score (note: this will not raise your score)

Post this in the appropriate challenge threads:

-Final proposals
-Official judging critiques
-Specific questions relating to the challenge

Do not post this in either thread:

-Anything completely unrelated to Theme Park Apprentice 6.1
-Anything that will provoke a fight among competitors

Replies (23)

March 14, 2015, 12:25 PM

Don't expect anything from me until sometime Sunday night- this challenge is really kicking my butt!

March 18, 2015, 8:59 AM

So what's the status for determining the finals? Are we still waiting for some other judges scores to come in?

Edited: March 18, 2015, 11:03 AM

Not all the judges have posted their critiques and ratings for this round. Once everything is in, the two competitors with the highest total score in this challenge will move on to the final round. Don't worry, we will still give you the originally scheduled amount of time for the final round.

March 18, 2015, 11:46 AM

Perfect sounds great! Thanks, AJ.

March 18, 2015, 1:50 PM

Sorry I've kind of disappeared. I have some stuff happening, but I promise to post as soon as possible.

March 18, 2015, 2:20 PM

How much time is scheduled for the final round?

March 18, 2015, 2:53 PM

I actually don't remember if we made a final decision, but we were thinking two weeks since the proposal is a lot more difficult and that is what has been done in the past. For scheduling purposes, we may extend it (depending on when it starts), but you should have at least two full weeks to get your proposal together.

March 18, 2015, 3:05 PM

Whatever happens, Scott, Blake, and Brett, great stuff. Thanks for keeping me entertained during those cold winter months!

March 18, 2015, 3:52 PM

Thanks, James! Two weeks sounds good. AJ, Are you sure you can't fudge the rules a bit and let us all go to the finals?

March 18, 2015, 4:34 PM

You'll have to talk to DPCC on that one, Scott. I'm not the one in charge of this competition, even though I'm probably the most active on here at the moment.

March 22, 2015, 4:48 PM

When will we hear something about the finals for TPA? Who will be in it, when will it be due, what is required, etc.?

March 22, 2015, 7:12 PM

Very Soon, just waiting on DPCC

March 22, 2015, 11:11 PM

Apologies to all the competitors for the delays this week. Unfortunately, DPCC has become unexpectedly busy over the past couple of weeks so communication is taking some time. As he is the host for this season we must wait to hear from him before making any decisions regarding eliminations. Hopefully we will have the finalists sorted out and start the final round in the next day or two. Rest assured that you will have a minimum of two weeks from the day the final round starts to get your proposal submitted, and if you want to get a head start know that it will be a full park proposal with similar requirements to the previous challenge for each of your themed lands (excluding the landmark requirement). Exact details will be posted soon.

Once again, sorry for the delays. Your patience is appreciated, and we will have details to you all as soon as possible.

March 23, 2015, 5:37 AM

Sorry if I'm being a bit impatient. My wife accused me of being- I think the word she used was "obsessed". Yes, I've already started working on the final round, and I'm sure that Blake and Brett have already done the same thing, just better than me. If there is anything I would really like to change would be the limit on pictures for the final round. Could the competitors in the final round be allowed to use an unlimited number of pictures for their proposal? As big as it will have to be, with the entire park being described, it would help a great deal, and I want to see more of those remarkable pictures that Blake has found.

March 23, 2015, 2:23 PM

Scott, I love it when competitors are really into the game, but as all of this is being done by volunteers in their spare time delays can happen. There's no need to get worked up over anything, and even if you wait until the challenge officially starts you'll have plenty of time.

As for your question about pictures, we have been debating between unlimited and simply a higher limit (probably in the 20-30 range). Pictures are nice, but we want proposals that are primarily textual with visual aids when necessary, not just a bunch of pictures with captions.

March 23, 2015, 11:50 PM

AJ, I know that everyone involved is doing this for fun. Sorry if I was out of line- I absolutely wasn't trying to be. Everything is fine- I'm back on my medication and they let me take off the straight jacket for 15 minutes every hour so I can type. Yes, that was a joke.

Thanks to all the judges for letting me take part in the Grand Finale. I think that the number of pictures you're allowing us to use in the final proposal is extremely generous. I don't think you have to worry about me posting a bunch of pictures with captions- when have I every been stingy with words?!

Brett, you were a fierce competitor and I know you'll have some great things to create in future TPAs. Blake, win or lose, being in the finals with you makes me feel like I already won...but I'm still going to make you work for it :+) I hope you're having as much fun as I am with this!

March 24, 2015, 10:56 AM

Scott, It's an honor to be in the finals with such an imaginative and respectful competitor! You're park is incredibly unique and you've managed to make it not only appealing to modern guests, but also incredibly immersive! Regardless of who wins, it's been a great ride and I'm proud to be in the finals with such a worthy competitor such as yourself!

To all the other competitors, I really enjoyed reading all of your proposals and ideas! All of you possess talented and creative minds which deserve to be cultivated and shared with the world!

March 24, 2015, 12:00 PM

No worries, Scott. You're not out of line at all. It's sometimes hard to tell if someone is intending to be serious or not when communicating through text.

March 24, 2015, 6:09 PM

I just want to thank everyone for letting me be part of the competition. Thank you judges for the feedback and can not wait till the next season! Good luck Blake and Scott!

March 24, 2015, 6:28 PM

March 25, 2015, 1:26 PM

Thanks, Brett! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone back for the next TPA, whatever the number is. Now my biggest concern is do I sleep or work on my proposal? The extension the judges gave me is SO appreciated!

March 25, 2015, 10:07 PM

This is just a test

testing
testing

March 25, 2015, 10:09 PM

hehe..cool...I now return this thread to its regularly scheduled programing.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive