Finding Dory to Replace StormRider at Tokyo DisneySea

May 19, 2015, 12:56 PM

Tokyo Disney Resort announced today that it will close the StormRider attraction in Tokyo DisneySea next year to make way for a new show based on the Finding Nemo and Finding Dory films.

Finding Dory
Concept image courtesy Tokyo Disney

The new Finding Dory show will play in StormRider's 4D theater, where passengers' submarine will be shrunk to "fish size" for an undersea adventure.

The new ride is scheduled to open in Spring 2017.

Replies (7)

May 19, 2015, 1:22 PM

can't wait for the surprise shark bite ending!

May 19, 2015, 1:34 PM

Remember: it's not about finding hot tubs.

May 21, 2015, 1:15 AM

Because it's Tokyo DisneySea, I have a feeling it's going to put some of the stateside attractions to shame.

Are we at the point where it's a given that Tokyo can do no wrong?

May 21, 2015, 5:47 AM

A whole ride featuring Dory....ugh, no thanks! This is another one Japan can keep :-).

May 21, 2015, 6:16 AM

Even with this and the Harry Potter ride change. I still think Tokyo Disney is still the place to go.

May 21, 2015, 8:28 AM

Epcot still has that empty Body Wars simulator just waiting for a new attraction to take its place.

The Energy attraction can use a new overlay too.

May 21, 2015, 8:31 AM

I have never been to Tokyo DisneySea or ridden Storm Rider but I find this to be somewhat disappointing given what I did know about the ride. Like most, I believe Disney is at its best when creating original IP for park attractions. This and the announced Frozen expansion seem to signal a shift away from the originality and creatity that has been lost at WDW and DL and has made the TDLR, DisneySea in particular, so appealing to me at least. I actually feel this move knocks the TDLR down a notch in my mind.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive